Perleo (Fluff)

Warning: Swearing.

Okay, so this is a request from Marie_HoO_PJO, and I've kinda strayed a bit from the actual request but let me know what you think. There's a bit of pan Percy if you squint lol.

If anyone were to ask if Jason was a good wingman, Percy would deny it until his dying breath. He'd never live it down otherwise. Besides, Jason's ego didn't need to get any bigger.

That didn't mean he wasn't happy to have him as his wingman though. The only downside was that the one time Percy really needed his wingman, he was off helping someone else.

Not to mention the fact that Jason was giving Percy's long time crush of eight months what seemed to be a pep talk. Wasn't that just great. Percy had been hyping himself up to ask his crush out for weeks now, just to have to witness said crush flirt with other people.

Percy thought he was ready for this.

Percy so wasn't ready for this.

He watched from the other side of the room as Jason whispered in Leo's ear, Leo giggling at whatever was said.

Percy couldn't do this. Leo would never want him anyway. Leo could have anyone he wanted, he was perfect. Percy... was not perfect. He was just Percy and that was where the problem lay.

Percy decided to go get some fresh air. Besides, he liked the outdoors at night. It was quiet, peaceful.

Breathing in the late night air, Percy contemplated where he went wrong.

How he fucked it all up.

When he became so repulsive that it was obvious to anyone who ever looked at him even once that no one would ever want him.

First there was Grover. He didn't mean to. Grover was the first person to ever like him. He was his best friend. The first person to realise he had feelings too. That he was only human too.

Then there had been Luke. Luke was that cool older guy. Luke had been everything Percy had ever wanted to be. He was cool, loved, talented. He had friends. Percy had always wanted friends. It was the one thing that was always on his Christmas wish list. Friends. Most little kids wanted toys. Sweets maybe. He just wanted a friend. It broke his mom's heart and that just made everything worse. He was a bad son.

Annabeth had just been so stubborn. Had been set on hating him. He was a son of Poseidon, she was a daughter of Athena. They could never be friends, she had said. He had agreed. (Mainly to appease her. He didnt want her to feel stupid or wrong. He knew that feeling and Annabeth didn't deserve it.) And yet he had gone that one step further and developed a crush on her. It was worse when they actually became friends. When he was deemed 'not too bad for a Seaweed Brain'.

Rachel had just been a cute mortal girl he had met on a quest. He thought he'd never see her again anyway. They hadn't really known each other long enough for him to develop a crush. And then they met again in the summer. He'd had to go on a quest with her. Stuck underground in life or death situations tends to bring people closer. And so Percy was doomed to crush on another person way out of his league.

Calypso had been more of a summer fling than anything. That still didn't stop Percy from developing feelings. Again. He had been so close to staying. Calypso had paid attention to him. She had been the only one of his crushes who seemed to reciprocate the stupid feelings he always seemed to get. But he couldn't do that to the others. Couldn't just leave Annabeth (even though she didn't and never would like him back) and the others to fight a war on their own. That wasn't fair to them. There was children involved. Teens who had barely lived their lives.