His Angel & His Devil

Warning: Swearing and mentions of abuse. Hints at prostitution and selfharm.

This definitely didn't turn out how I was hoping it would but oh well.

Everyone has those two voices in the back of their minds. Two voices telling them to do two different things.

There's the good voice, determined to do the right thing, keep everyone safe. The angel.

And then there's the bad voice, determined to do the wrong thing, enjoying the danger. The devil.

Everyone has those two voices in the back of their minds. Two voices telling them to do two different things.

Or in this case, everyone has those two voices from either shoulder.

Their angel and their devil.

Percy had never had many friends growing up. Despite the kind words she always told him, he knew his mom was disappointed in him. Hoped it was just a phase.

It wasn't a phase.

Percy has never had any friends.

Except two.

His angel and his devil.

They were what kept him going in life.

When his mom was busy, out finding ways to make more money, they would be their for him.

When Gabe and his buddies were being too loud, they helped calm him down.

When the beatings were really bad, they cleaned him up.

When he couldn't find the energy to get out of bed in the morning, they gave him that energy.

When he was ready to end it all, they reminded him that life was worth living. That better things were to come.

They were there for him no matter what. Helped him when he needed help.

Made him fall in love with them.

He loved them, and he could never tell them.

Because what they were doing was their job.

And he caught feelings.

"Percy?"

"Percy."

"Percy!"

"MR JACKSON!"

Percy nearly fell out of his chair when he finally came out of his daze, flushing brightly when he heard all of the other students in the class start laughing. Nice to know they were all listening to their devils.

Looking to his right, he just about caught the headshake from his angel, obvious disappointment written across his face.

Percy felt tears blur his vision at the thought of disappointing his angel. His Jason.

Jason was supposed to be one of the two people he could never disappoint.

Obviously not.

Looking back towards the front of class, Percy was met with an angry teacher, face cold and eyes hard.

The woman was a bitch.

Percy caught the smirk his devil sent his way, the smirk he always used when he knew exactly what Percy was thinking.

Percy's vision cleared up slightly at that smirk. Nico wasn't disappointed in him. He couldn't handle disappointing him too.

"Mr Jackson, seeing as you've decided that you don't need to pay attention in my class, you can come and collect your extra homework at the end of the lesson."