Praetor Boyfriend

This ship was requested by Murdermostunladylike.

After the war, everyone went back to the separate camps. They all still spoke and met up frequently but they all had a camp they preferred to stay at the most.

In the end, Percy ended up going to New Rome, not for collage, but for his boyfriend.

Despite Frank's reassurances that they could make a long distance relationship work, Percy couldn't stand the thought of living so far away from his boyfriend.

Percy, as most of their friends had gathered by now, was a rather touchy person. He needed that physical contact from those he cared about, needed the reassurance that they were there.

Which was why it had actually taken Percy a lot longer than he would have wanted to decide which camp he was going back to.

On one hand, Camp Half-blood had been like his second home for years now. Most of his friends - real, actual friends - lived there too.

On the other hand, Camp Jupiter was a bigger, new place to explore as he hadn't had much time to before the quest. Camp Jupiter was also the home of his first ever boyfriend. He also had friends who lived at Camp Jupiter too, just not as many as he did at Camp Half-blood.

In the end, after a lot of talks with his friends, he decided to move to New Rome.

What he hadn't expected after that decision was to be moved into the Praetor's House.

He actually rather liked living in the Praetor's house. He got to live with his boyfriend, as well as Reyna and Nico.

Reyna, once she let you close enough, was actually an amazing friend and Percy was truly honoured to be friends with her.

Nico shouldn't even live in the Praetor's house and yet he did. However, none of the other occupants of the house had any problem with him living there and so he was allowed to stay.

A rather good thing really since neither Reyna nor Frank were allowed into the kitchen and Percy needed someone to help him so that they didn't starve when they stayed in.

Frank, bless him, had tried to help Percy once. He wasn't a bad cook, Percy quite liked what his boyfriend had made him. What Percy didn't like was collecting the pans that had somehow ended up going through the window. Reyna was not happy when she heard about the broken window.

Now Reyna, on the other hand, just refused to cook so Percy didn't actually know if she could or not.

He didn't mind though, cooking together gave Percy and Nico time to talk through their issues. They also helped each other with certain things they struggled at. Percy was more of a baker than a chef and so Nico was often there to help him practice and show him what to do when they were cooking their meals.

Nico was the opposite. He was more of a chef than a Baker and struggled a lot with some of the more complicated treats Percy showed him. And so whenever they both had a bit of free time, Percy would teach Nico to bake, something both Reyna and Frank appreciated greatly.

Percy entered his and Frank's shared room, surprising his boyfriend when he looked up to find Percy covered head to toe in cocoa powder.

"Remind me never to make brownies with Nico again. I think we'll just stick to making cookies, much safer."

Frank decided not to comment that whenever they made cookies together Percy always returned with blue hands, smudges of blue food colouring across his cheeks.

Instead he just smiled, allowing Percy to collect a fresh set of clothes and head to the connected bathroom for a shower.

When Percy returned, his hair damp, Frank was still sat in the same position on the bed, his book still in his hands.

Percy made his way over to him, crawling into bed next to him and leaning over his shoulder.

"What you reading?"

"I found an old copy of Alice in Wonderland, and it's been a while so I thought, why not?"

Percy nodded. He knew Hazel was kind of obsessed with Alice in Wonderland and he was pretty sure he'd heard Annabeth refer to it once or twice.

Percy's mom used to own a rather battered copy of the book, one of the few things she still had from her mother.

Percy had never felt worse about himself than the day he'd lost that book.

Sally used to read it to him every night as a kid and one day she'd finally allowed him to take it to school with him as he promised he'd be careful with it.

He'd only wanted to practice reading it on his own so he could make his mother proud.

But Percy always had bullies watching him, no matter what school he went to. His current bully at the time had stalked up to him and snatched the book right out of his hands, only to throw it in a nearby puddle.

After the bully and his gang had finally left Percy alone, the book was beyond salvagable.

That didn't stop Percy from spending the rest of the day trying to fix it though.

He gave up in the end, leaving the book in an empty classroom before he made his way home.

He'd felt extremely guilty on the way home, trying to think of ways he could explain to his mom so she wouldn't get mad. He'd never seen her mad, she never got mad at him. But surely this would make her mad, make her shout at him.

Before he knew what he was doing he'd turned around and was running back to school, something Percy never thought he'd do.

He searched the same classroom for a good five minutes before he realised it was truly gone.

And yet, when Sally returned home later that evening and he explained the situation to her, she didn't get mad. She wasn't even disappointed in him, something he really thought she'd be.

Gods, he loved his mom so much.

"Read to me?"

"Of course."

And so Frank lifted his arm for Percy to shuffle closer to him, wrapping his arm around his shoulder.

Percy stared at the words on the page as Frank read, just the way he used to do when he was little.