Christmas Prompts (4/25)

Ship: Frank x Percy
Prompt: We spent hours decorating the house together only to wake up to the tree gone and decorations everywhere.

Percy woke up feeling very well-rested, happily snuggled up to his boyfriend of almost two years.

The night before had been a mess, a cute, happy mess but a mess nonetheless.

Him and Frank had spent the entire day (they really did) decorating Percy's apartment.

Since his mom and Paul were spending Christmas with Paul's family, it had been agreed upon that he was allowed to spend Christmas with his boyfriend at the apartment.

Percy didn't even have to plead, it had actually been Sally's idea.

And so yesterday, thanks to Sally and Paul leaving it to them, Percy and Frank got to do several of the cute, Christmassy couple things they had planned.

Percy felt his face grow hot, blinking repeatedly in an attempt to wake himself up. It didn't work, he just felt even more sleepy.

Percy didn't notice himself drifting off, wasn't aware of his eyes slowly falling shut.

A few hours later, he woke up due to Frank's restless shuffles.

When he opened his eyes, he found Frank staring down at him from his position, looking both shocked and guilty.

Percy simply rose an eyebrow, staring over at his boyfriend sleepily.

"Is it time to get up already?"

Frank looked from the alarm clock on Percy's nightstand - the one stating '13:38' - to Percy, nodding seriously.

Percy let out a sad little sigh, his facing dropping slightly.

Frank reached an arm out for Percy to take, preparing to have to drag his boyfriend out of bed.

"Come on."

Percy actually went quite quickly, without any fuss.

Since the apartment was a bit chilly, they both changed into warmer clothes, planning to spend the day lounging around together comfortably.

Percy's jar dropped when they reached the living room, finding a large blank space where their tree had been yesterday.

Around the room were an assortment of decorations, all in bits and pieces.

Honestly, the sight made them both feel like crying.

After checking both the door and windows, they discovered them all locked.

From the inside.

Percy found himself slowly, shakily walking towards the kitchen in search of their cleaning supplies.

When he returned, they both got to work on cleaning up the living room, sometimes heading out into the hallway or kitchen to clear away any bits of tinsel.

They cleaned in silence for well over two hours, having had a couple mishaps with things like glass along the way.

Once they were finished, they took a quick break, finally going to go and eat something.

After that, they both agreed on bringing out some of the old craft stuff Percy used to have.

He absolutely loved the time he used to spend crafting with his mom, even if he got a little frustrated on the odd occasions where she tried to teach him how to draw.

Percy smiled sadly when he pulled out a drawing from the back of the cupboard. It was from little over a decade ago now, technically longer if you thought about the original.

On one side of the paper was a pencil drawing of a man, detailed enough for you to almost be able to imagine his eye colour, what he looked like, even without knowing him.

The corner of his lips tilted higher when he caught sight of the detail on the shirt. She never drew him without his classic Hawiian shirt.

Turning it over carefully, Percy saw what was on the otherside of the paper.

In the middle of the page was a scraggly drawing of a person, small with black hair, green eyes and blue pyjamas.

Above the person was an arrow pointing down, 'M E' written in big, spaced out letters that were barely intelligible.

On either side of Percy stood a man and women, the man's outfit drawn to imitate the one on the other side.

Above his head was another arrow, also pointing down. In the same big, spaced out letters was the word 'D A D ?'

The woman was pretty, with long, wavy hair. She was smiling brightly, obviously due to the light blue shirt she was wearing.

Above her arrow read 'T H E B E S T' and then in brackets next to it, 'M O M'.

Percy envied his eight-year-old self's drawing skills.

He placed the paper back into the cupboard carefully, placed in a way that if anything was just shoved into the cupboard it wouldn't get crinkled.

After shutting the cupboard door, he headed out into the living room where Frank sat, on the floor, the box of craft stuff placed next to him.

They spent a couple minutes talking about what to make before deciding to just go with it, deciding to just make whatever came to mind.

When they were done, a good hour and a half later, they started to pack away the crafts stuff.

Percy offered to take the box back, placing it carefully on top of their picture before going back to his boyfriend.

They stared at the arrangement of decorations, proud of some and embarrassed of others.

They decided on hanging up the paper chains first, spending a while on placement ideas.

When they were finished decorating, they took a seat on the couch together to admire their work.

Their favourite was probably the lamp, moved to stand in the blank space the tree left. Wrapped around it were variously coloured paper chains, as well as a paper crown on top in replacement for a star.

Tired, they decided to just go straight to bed instead of staying up longer feeling exhausted.

The only reason they hadn't bothered trying to report a possible break-in or something, was because it had been happening every year since Percy was twelve.

Since he first found out he was a demigod.

And even after all these years, Percy still found himself near tears everytime it happened.

As soon as they were in bed, cuddled up together, Percy did what he always did whenever he was upset.

He started nervously rambling about how much he loved the person or people he was talking to.

Frank spent the whole conversation in silence, allowing Percy to get out the feelings he needed to express often.

And just before they go to sleep, they share a rare kiss they always do in times like these, when something small happens but impacts one of them greatly but they can't show it. They can't show it.

So they kiss away the feelings in a kiss that means so much more than their regular forehead kisses, cheek kisses, nose kisses. Any kiss.

They mean more, will always mean more.