Perleo (Angst)

Percy was done. Done with it all.

They'd been hanging out with the rest of the seven and a select few others when the topic was brought up.

Jason had proposed to Piper only days prior and it was still all anyone was talking about.

Everyone was either busy aweing or marveling at Piper's ring when Piper turned around and asked everyone when they thought they were going to propose, or something like that anyway. Percy wasn't sure, he'd been too busy trying to make sure his thoughts didn't stray back to all those times.

"I dunno, probably whenever Percy can be bothered to actually do it. Like just keep me waiting why don't you."

It was obviously meant as a joke but it still hurt Percy.

Everyone turned to Percy, jokingly shouting things like 'hurry up' and 'get a move on already'.

Percy was done. They were done.

Instead of saying anything, Percy smiled at everyone and made up an excuse on why he had to leave already. He didn't even know what he said, if it was believable and whether they bought it or not. He didn't care to be honest.

When he got back to his cabin, Percy locked the door and went and sat on his bed, pulling out the black velvet box from within his pocket.

Percy felt the tears roll down his face as he opened the box to see a silver ring.

It was nowhere near as pretty as the one Jason got Piper, he knew that. It was slightly rough around the edges and he had planned on getting Jake - who already knew about his situation with his brother - to help him smooth it out some more. He didn't want Leo to get hurt from something he made. He didn't want Leo to get hurt at all.

Jake had been the first person he went to when he knew he wanted to propose, way before the thought had even crossed Jason's mind.

Percy knew he wanted the ring to be special and since it was for a child of Hepheastus, he thought he'd appreciate it if he made his own ring. He wanted to make Leo proud.

Jake had been accepting before Percy could even get it all out properly. He even promised to help and Percy was embarrassed to admit that he hadn't stopped squealing for at least ten minutes, something that had amused Jake greatly.

By the time the ring was finished, Jake had already helped Percy come up with several different ways to propose as well as supervise him whilst he made the ring, giving out pointers here and there.

When they had finally decided on a good enough one, Jason had come to Percy explaining how he might propose to Piper, he didn't know when but he said the thought of growing old with her made his insides warm.

Percy decided to help Jason, be there for him like Jake was for Percy. He helped him look for rings and think up ideas, all whilst trying to propose to Leo.

Except something always went wrong. Either Leo had a project to finish or one of them had classes. There was even times when one of them was stuck doting on the other because they had forgot about their health again. It was a mess really.

As soon as Jason had a ring picked out and a location to propose at, Percy had decided he would step back. Let Jason take the spotlight and propose to his girlfriend. It would give Percy more time to come up with better ideas anyway.

He'd planned on giving Jason and Piper a few days to settle. He knew it was rude and he wasn't exactly being the best friend by doing so but he really couldn't control his nerves and just wanted to get it over and done with by now.