Toothpaste

Prompt by no_my_dude.

Percy has to break up a fight between his two crushes, before learning one pranked the other's Toothpaste.

If Percy was being completely honest, he was feeling a little scared right now.

The borders around camp were pumping with electricity, the ground trembling slightly in five second bursts.

The causes of this were currently stood out by Zeus' fists, away from the campers so that they wouldn't feel the full force of their altercation.

Percy stood a little ways away from the two demigods, watching closely for any signs that their verbal argument may soon turn physical.

From this distance, Percy couldn't even hear what they were arguing about.

He took a sudden step forward when he watched Nico do the same, fist raised at Jason.

Now, Jason also stepped forward, bringing his arm up to block Nico's punch. If he hadn't, Percy guessed a black eye would slowly appear.

When Jason also threw a hit, Percy decided it was time to intervene before someone got hurt. There was no use in standing back and watching like a perv.

He ran at his two friends - possibly a very dumb decision - and pushed them as far away from each other as he could.

The two both stumbled backwards, the glares on their faces freezing as they spotted Percy.

"Percy-" "Why-"

Percy promptly ignored them, moving back a few steps so that he was no longer stood between them. Now he could see them both properly, at the same time.

"Why were you fighting?"

Nico's lightened expression immediately turned sour again, an accusing finger pointed at Jason.

"He messed with my Toothpaste. You both know what I'm like when it comes to my Toothpaste."

Jason scowled, looking very irritated at the accusation.

"No, I didn't!"

"Then who did?" Nico screamed.

Percy groaned, his head dropping down towards his chest as he made a connection.

"The Stolls."

Nico's eyes narrowed, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Why?"

Percy gulped before taking a deep breath.

"Because I told them too." When Nico's face went slack, Percy hurried to add, "I didn't tell them to mess with your Toothpaste though, promise! I just asked them to distract you both so I could do something."

Nico's, along with Jason's, eyes narrowed.

"Do what?" Jason asked.

Percy's eyes darted around, unable to stay on one thing for more than two seconds.

"Erm, I was gonna, gonna set up a date." He muttered, the others only just able to hear him.

"A date?" "With who?"

"Ha," Percy laughed nervously, "Um, you guys, actually."

Jason's cheeks pinked ever so slightly, shocked, whilst Nico's face went blank, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Haha, guess I'm leaving now-"

"No, you're not." Nico interrupted.

Percy was only able to hold his intense stare for three seconds before he had to look away, over to Jason who already seemed to be taking a much softer approach to the news.

"And I'm assuming you weren't able to because you busy watching us?"

Percy nodded minutely in confirmation.

"Right, go ahead and do it then. Start your planning or whatever." Nico ordered, seemingly unbothered.

"Huh?" Percy asked, confused, head tilted to one side.

When Percy looked over at Jason, he found him smiling at him, cheeks still a little pink.

"Only if you want to, of course."

Percy nodded hurriedly. "Of course I do."

"Then off you go. Plan my date."

Percy turned and ran quickly in the direction of camp.

Challenge: Sports.