Christmas Prompts (13/25)

Ship: Jaswillico
Prompt: It's Christmas???!

Warning: Swearing.

Nico awoke to an empty bed, something that confused his tired brain immensely.

Nico had woken up alone before, obviously, but there was usually one of his boyfriends on their way to come wake him up anyway.

Other times, one or both of them would come and lie in bed with him for a little while, often just choosing to read one of the many books they had in the apartment in order to pass the time.

This time however, there was no one on their way to wake him up, no one laying in bed next to him, their face buried in a book.

Just Nico.

Just a very tired Nico in a bed purposely big enough for three people.

Groaning, Nico stood, deciding to make his way into the kitchen slowly.

Inside, he found a pouting Jason sat at the table, his arms crossed and his head down.

Across the room stood Will, flitting between the stove and the counter, where a chopping board lay.

"What's with the pouting child."

Nico's voice came out huskily, slightly scratchy, and definitely full of sleep.

Nico ignored Jason's quiet mutter of "'m not a child", in favour of waiting for Will's answer.

(For an actual adult answer.)

"He's in a strop."

"Yeah, I can see that."

Again, Nico ignored Jason's quiet muttering. Something about 'I'm not in a strop you bastards'.

"Language, Jason."

Jason smiled fakely, that really obvious fake smile that everyone could tell was fake.

"Fuck off, Will."

Jason blinked, slightly dazed after being hit with a plastic ladle.

Rolling his eyes, Jason slouched back in his chair, his arms crossed tightly to his chest, a bit higher this time.

"Bitch."

"Love you too, sweetie."

"So, why is the baby in a strop."

"Not a baby."

Nico was unsure whether Jason genuinely expected an answer, even just acknowledgement from Nico, before he got his answer.

"Because I won't let him help with Christmas Dinner. I mean, you know how that turned out last time."

"Wait, it's Christmas?! I was never told this!"

Jason scoffed.

"Did the giant tree in the living room that's been up since the 28th of November because Will is impatient not give it away? What about yesterday, when we forced you into wearing a matching Christmas jumper to us and then spent the entire day out, doing Christmas activities. What about-"

"Alright Jason, we get it. You're salty."

He went back to muttering, his fact-stating voice gone.

"No I'm not."

"That's what someone who is salty would say."

Again, Jason scoffed. "If you think I'm salty then you should have seen Percy on Tuesday when Luke refused to cuddle him."