Praetor Boyfriend Part 2

Percy hadn't realised it until Nico had made an off-handed comment about it.

Did it really seem like he didn't love Frank?

He guessed, at the start, it had been nothing more than a small crush. But then as time went on, and their relationship developed, so did Percy's feelings.

At the start of their relationship, Percy had still been hung up on Luke. He'd told Frank as such and Frank had been okay with it, was okay as long Percy didn't forget him.

But now they were a year into their relationship and Percy loved Frank with everything he had. Apparently, it didn't seem that way however.

Nico even assumed that they'd broke up. Percy couldn't help but find some truth in his words. He said Percy acted more like Frank was his brother than his boyfriend, something Percy didn't even realise he did.

He spent the rest of the day thinking their conversation over in his head. He loved Frank, he really did, he was just... scared?

Things with Luke hadn't been the best. He was Percy's first crush and Luke knew that, he'd even used Percy's crush on him as a last resort to get him to join him.

And yet, even with physical markings as proof of Luke's actions, Percy never really stopped loving Luke. He was pretty sure something died inside of him when he watched the life in Luke's eyes fade away.

He'd never felt as vulnerable as he did when he was with Luke, even when he wasn't alone with him.

The knowledge that Luke could treat him like that, use Percy's own feelings against him, didn't sit right with Percy.

He didn't want to feel like that again. Like how he did when Luke would whisper taunts in his ear as they fought.

He thought he could deal with the odd sneer, the mean jibes whispered in his ears. But he couldn't. He really, truly couldn't take another dig at his feelings.

Which, in hind sight, made no sense in this situation. Frank wasn't like that, wasn't like Luke.

When Reyna and Frank returned later that night to find their dinner on the table and Nico sprawled out lazily on the couch, they were confused.

Usually, the four of them sat down at the table and ate dinner together. They told Nico that, only for him tell them that he'd already ate and that Percy was upstairs in his room.

So Reyna and Frank took their seats at the table, Reyna heading straight to bed after eating.

Before Frank went up to his room, he thanked Nico for the meal, only receiving a half-hearted thumbs up from Nico.

He opened the door to their bedroom to find Percy laying on their bed, his head buried in one of the pillows.

Frank changed into some comfier clothes, throwing worried glances at Percy as he did so.

Once he'd finished getting changed, Frank climbed into bed next to Percy, shuffling closer and wrapping his arms around him.

Frank placed a kiss to the back of Percy's head, letting him know that he was there if he wanted to talk.

Percy's voice was muffled as he spoke, both due the pillow and the volume of his voice.

"What was that?"

Percy sighed, slowly turning his head so he was looking at Frank. His face had tear tracks going down it.

"You know I love you right?"

Frank nodded, confused. Where was this coming from?

At Frank's confused expression, Percy carried on talking, his voice still quiet.

"It's just, Nico said he kinda wondered if we'd broke up. He said he'd never seen us act like an actual couple. And I- I didn't realise we didn't. It didn't seem to click that the only times we kiss is when we're alone - and even then, it's usually only a small peck."

Frank waited for Percy to stop talking before he leaned forward and connected their lips in their first ever proper kiss.

The kiss was short but sweet, leaving them both a little dazed as they pulled away.

"So what if he's never seen us kiss? I know you love me, and hopefully you know that I love you too."

Percy nodded slowly, acting as if he hadn't just figured that out.

"It doesn't matter if the only kisses we share are pecks to the cheek or a full on make out. It doesn't matter if we only act like a couple, here, in this room. It doesn't matter if everyone knows we're a couple or not. There's no right or wrong way for a couple to act if everyone is happy, safe and healthy. We're both safe and healthy, I'm very happy being with you. What about you?"

Percy's eyes were glazed over with tears, a small smile on his face as he unknowingly stared at Frank with the most loving expression he'd ever seen.

"I'm pretty dam happy."

"Then who cares?"