Christmas Prompts (21/25)

Ship: Connor x Percy
Prompt: Making Christmas crafts with the younger campers.

Connor rolled his eyes, smiling fakely at Chrion as he passed him, wondering why he allowed his boyfriend to rope him into this.

The Athena cabin was hosting some sort of craft-off, and many of the younger campers had wanted to join in but were struggling, finding it very hard.

Unable to watch them struggle, Percy had spent the last half an hour flitting from camper to camper in order to help them out.

About ten minutes ago, Connor had been passing by with Travis and Leo, heading off to set up their next prank.

But to his horror, he instead got roped into helping some bratty five-year-old glue coloured card together.

Connor didn't even know what it was that they were making, only that he was apparently doing a good job, both with keeping the five-year-old happy and with sticking the card together.

In Connor's opinion, it all looked rather rushed and jagged, but who was he to turn down the offered praise?

Connor gave up twenty minutes later, just when he'd grown used to the situation and started to enjoy it.

After spending the last five minutes listening to the child's - he hadn't bothered asking or remembering their name - whiny voice however, he found he could do no more.

He slammed his work down onto the table before standing up, walking away in some random direction, only wishing to cool off some.

Having noticed his boyfriend stand up and leave, Percy got up to follow him, sending the kid he was working with over to the five-year-old who was sat with Connor previously.

"Connor!"

Connor ignored him, continuing on in the direction he was walking, this time a little faster however.

"Connor, wait up!"

When Connor still didn't slow any, Percy sped up, changing his slow jog into a fast run in order to catch up with the speed at which Connor was walking.

When he reached him, he placed a hand on his shoulder in order to at least slow him, turning his body to face him as soon as he stopped.

"You okay? Why'd you just get up and leave?"

Connor pointed in the direction of the dining Pavilion, where the craft-off was currently taking place.

"I can't work with that kid any longer. All the whining. Why doesn't the thing just stop? Kids have an offswitch right? Please tell me they have an offswitch. If they don't, I think I might cry."

Connor was rambling, something they both knew.

Percy opened his arms, pulling his boyfriend in for a hug before he spoke.

"Hey, don't cry."

Connor groaned, hiding his face in Percy's shoulder immediately.

"That means they don't have an offswitch. Why don't they have an offswitch?! Why doesn't that- that monster, at least, have one?"

Percy rubbed Connor's back gently, trying to calm his now distraught boyfriend.

"Why doesn't it have an offswitch?"

Back in the Pavilion, Percy's newfound friend was being escorted to the infirmary, clutching his wrist to his chest tightly as he cried.

Kayla sighed when she finally managed to pry the kid's hand off his wrist, looking down at the angry red bite mark.

That was the fifth angry red bite mark this week. And it was only Wednesday.

Hoping to get the kid to stop crying, Kayla handed him a lollipop, straight out of the now half-full jar.

Along the top of the glass was a large crack, put there the day before when knocked over by a screaming child.

Will seriously did not appreciate the bite mark on his wrist that he'd gained when trying to reprimand the child.

Unable to handle the large, sad eyes staring up at her, Kayla stuck a Christmas sticker to the boy's shirt before sending him off in search of Percy, having already handled his wound.

"Percy, Percy!"

Percy and Connor pulled apart, turning to watch Percy's new friend come running up to them, waving a lollipop around with his outstretched arm.

Seeing the fresh bandage on the boy's wrist, Percy crouched down, his eyebrows furrowed. He held his hand out for the boy's wrist, smiling up at him gently when he held out his arm, thankfully lollipop free.

"What happened?"

"What's-their-name bit me! It really hurt Percy, it did!"

"I bet it did. Chiron spoke to me earlier about this. They've been told to stop with the biting. At least you got a lollipop out of it, yeah?"

The kid nodded hurriedly before pointing to his chest, at the big Rudolph sticker stuck to his shirt.

"The pretty Apollo girl gave me a sticker, look!"

Percy's eyebrows shot up at the description, though his smile stayed soft.

"The pretty Apollo girl, mhm? And what's her name?"

The boy looked a little guilty at the question, thinking hard before giving an answer.

"K-kay-kaya? Wait. Caitlin? Kayleigh? Percy, what's the pretty girl's name?!"

Percy laughed quietly, having to place his hands on the ground in order not to fall, the boy having shook him by the shoulders as he asked.

"Kayla?"

The boy's face literally lit up.

"Yes, that's it! Her name is Kayla. I knew that, I did."

Percy nodded, still smiling.

"Of course you did. Now why don't you go and finish that card we were making? Maybe you could give it to Kayla after."

The boy barely let Percy finish before he was off, running back towards the Pavilion quickly.

"Why couldn't I be paired with him?! Why'd I get the dangerous, bitey one? I probably could have died!"

Percy stood, rolling his eyes before turning to his boyfriend, allowing him to wrap him in a hug once more.

"But then he wouldn't be my friend."

Connor went to mention that he wouldn't have gotten bitten either but remembered that if that was the case, he wouldn't have been healed by Kayla.

Connor didn't think his seven-year-old mind could handle that knowledge, what with Kayla Knowles being his new obsession since they first met twenty minutes ago.

And how tragic would that have been, if he hadn't met Kayla.