Christmas Prompts (2/25)

Ship: Percollo
Prompt: You planned for us to get stuck under the mistletoe together but that didn't happen because I accidentally beat you with it instead.

Apollo loved his boyfriend, he really did.

And that was why he was going all out this Christmas (a holiday the gods didn't celebrate). He was doing it for Percy, obviously.

He wanted this to be the best Christmas Percy had ever had. Something he knew was going to be hard because Christmases with his mother were some of Percy's fondest memories.

But Apollo didn't care. He could do this, he knew he could.

He'd decorated his entire palace himself, in hopes of it meaning more to Percy.

It had taken him ages, but luckily, he was almost done. All that was left now was the mistletoe.

The mistletoe. Where was it?

Apollo couldn't have simply lost the mistletoe. There was enough for every doorway in his palace.

When Percy woke up to find their bedroom decked out in blue and gold Christmas decorations, he was confused. It had definitely not looked like this last night.

Apollo had told him that he was going to be away all day so it couldn't have been him. Plus, the gods didn't even celebrate Christmas.

The nymphs wouldn't have decorated without him, something they'd planned to do together since September.

Percy got out of bed, immediately on guard.

His pyjama bottoms were pocketless, and so, in his half-asleep state, Percy grabbed the nearest thing he could find.

...Which happened to be some mistletoe?

Percy blinked down at the box he'd took it from, finding a lot more. Next to it lay another box with the same contents.

Feeling freaked out, but still tired, Percy headed out into the hallway.

He held the plant in both hands, like a baseball bat.

He walked through the palace silently, on the look out for anything unusual.

Which was a lot, considering that all of the rooms he'd been in so far were decorated in that same blue and gold theme.

"Ah, Perce. You found the mistletoe for me. Thank you."

Percy screamed, blindly reaching out with the mistletoe, swinging it around wildly.

At hearing the mantra of 'ow, ow, ow', Percy swung a little harder, repeatedly wacking the palace intruder.

With mistletoe.

"Ow, Perce, Perce, ah. Percy! Stop. Percy, ow, stop, ow, hitting, ow, me, ow, with, OW! The, ah, mistletoe. Ow."

Percy finally stopped, dropping the mistletoe to the ground as he tried to catch his breath.

When he looked over to the intruder on the ground, his face dropped when he saw that it was only his boyfriend.

"Apollo?!"

All he received in response was an elongated, "ahhhh".

"Why did you let me beat you with the mistletoe?!" 

Percy sighed, exasperated, as if he wasn't the one who'd just beat his boyfriend with a plant.

Apollo whimpered, deciding to play the pain up in hopes of making Percy feel guilty.

"Oh gods, it was only mistletoe! It shouldn't hurt that much."

Groaning, Apollo shook his head, his arms held up slightly, making grabby hands for Percy.

Percy bit his lip as he helped Apollo up off the ground, feeling the immense guilt start to flood through him.

Percy's weapon- sorry, the mistletoe stayed on the ground, forgotten, as Percy began dragging Apollo into the nearest room.

The nearest room happened to be a guest bedroom, so Percy helped Apollo settle into bed.

As soon as Apollo was tucked into bed, Percy moved away, beginning to pace.

"You said you'd be away all day. Why are you here now then? If you're here, do you know who decorated the palace? More importantly, do you know why they did it?"

Apollo sighed, dropping his act. It, shockingly, didn't actually hurt that much.

"Percy."

Percy continued to pace, ignoring his boyfriend's deflated look.

"Percy! I did it. I decorated the palace."

Percy stopped, turning to look at his boyfriend, his eyebrows furrowed.

"You what?"

"I decorated the palace. For Christmas."

Percy looked confused, even more so than he had when he first woke up.

"W-why?"

"I wanted this to be the best Christmas you'd ever had. Our first Christmas as an official couple."

Apollo turned to look away from Percy, feeling oddly vulnerable under his boyfriend's stare.

Percy couldn't help but smile, feeling extra thankful to have Apollo as his boyfriend.

Apollo jolted, surprised, when he felt fingers under his chin, guiding his head to look at Percy.

Percy kneeled on the bed next to Apollo, one hand on his neck and the other on his cheek.

"That's actually really sweet."

Percy leaned in for a kiss, happy when Apollo met him halfway.

When they broke apart, they were both blushing slightly, a rare occurance for Apollo.

"Now come on, I know there's more mistletoe for us to hang up."

Apollo grinned, feeling oddly glad to hear the word us instead of you.

They both got up, walking hand in hand to their shared bedroom to collect the boxes containing the way-too-much mistletoe they now had.

It took them well over an hour to complete the simple task of putting up mistletoe in every doorway, getting caught up in kisses beneath each plant they hung up.