Christmas Prompts (20/25)

Ship: Perleo
Prompt: You found me wrapped up with a bow on my head and thought it was my cheesy way of saying I loved you. Realistically, I just don't know how to wrap presents. But after seeing your happy face, I can't tell you that.

After spending the entire day with his mom and friends, Percy was positively exhausted when he returned home to the apartment he shared with a group of his friends.

Due to sharing a room with his boyfriend, Percy wasn't surprised when he found him already inside.

What did surprise him however was the fact that he was decked out, from head to toe, in wrapping paper. To top it all off, their was a rather large bow stuck to the top of his head.

"Erm, Merry Christmas?"

Percy, a little teary-eyed, rushed forward to hug his boyfriend.

Leo frowned confused when Percy's arms wrapped around him, having not expected a hug to be the first thing to greet him in this situation.

"I love you too."

"What?-"

But then Percy's lips were on his and Leo found himself unable to talk. He kissed back, deciding to just let Percy believe whatever he wanted about his rather embarrassing predicament.

They pulled apart, breathless.

"We're out of wrapping paper." Leo breathed.

Percy huffed a laugh, shaking his head slightly.

"I don't care. It doesn't matter. We'll just get more if we have to."

"Or we could rob some off of Jason and Nico. Nico wouldn't care."

Percy smiled, another laugh bubbling its way out of his throat.

"Or we could rob some off of Jason and Nico." He agreed.

As an after thought, he added.

"Nico really wouldn't care. He'd probably even go as far as to just hand it to us. Most likely to see Jason's reaction, but still."

"As nice as this is, do you think you can unwrap me? I can't move and I don't know how I did that."

Percy nodded, trying to find a fold of wrapping paper untouched by tape but finding none.

In the end, he left briefly to search the kitchen for scissors, having found none in their room. Which confused him, seeing as Leo had so obviously used some scissors.

He finally returned five minutes later with a pair of scissors in hand.

"I couldn't find any in the kitchen, which means someone's keeping them in their room again. Piper leant me her pair for now."

Which was the thing, they all owned their own pair of scissors so there was no reason for people to hoard the kitchen ones. Especially since they belonged in the kitchen.

Carefully, Percy set to work cutting away the tape, telling Leo not to move so he didn't accidentally cut him.

Once Leo was free, they headed out of the room together, Leo to throw away the creased wrapping paper and Percy to return Piper's scissors to her.

Back in their room, Percy started a rant about how awesome Leo was and how much he loved him, as well as how much of a cheesy thing he'd just done by wrapping himself up as a gift for Percy.

Leo nodded along, acting offended here and there, secretly feeling rather embarrassed.

But Percy thought what Leo did was as an act of love - a cheesy, silly act of love but an act of love nonetheless - and who was Leo to burst Percy's bubble? Especially when his bubble made him so happy.

Maybe next year, Leo shouldn't even attempt to wrap his presents on his own. Surely someone would be willing to help. Maybe Percy would do all the wrapping for him and Leo could just focus on Percy's gift.

(On being Percy's gift apparently.)