Christmas Prompts (18/25)

Ship: Lukercy x Willercy
Prompt: Seriously, how many times?

Will sighed loudly, having just seen Luke Castellan be admitted into the infirmary.

Again.

Oh look, and there was Percy Jackson, following behind a couple of Will's healers like a lost puppy.

"Percy." Will called.

Percy's head darted towards Will's voice, throwing him a nervous smile before walking over slowly, looking back at Luke briefly.

"What is it this time?"

Percy shuffled his feet, his hand coming up to rub at the back of his neck.

"He- er, he- maybe, kindalefttheborderonpurposeandgotattackedbyagroupofmonsters?"

Will pursed his lips, wondering whether or not he should be proud that he could understand Percy. Really, he needed to at this point or they would be getting nowhere.

"Again?"

Percy nodded quickly, his hands held up in surrender.

"But before you say anything, I tried to stop him. You know I always do!"

A small smile grew across Will's face, assuring Percy that he wasn't about to get one of Will's lectures.

Again.

Somehow, - and Percy really didn't know how - he had received a lecture from every single scary camper. Every camper you were warned first day not to try and recieve a lecture from.

Once, Percy had even managed to anger Silena Beauregard.

(Okay, he hadn't angered her but that's what he saw it as. She had simply asked him, slightly louder than usual, what he was doing with her makeup. Her demeanour had completely changed once she realised Percy wasn't there to just steal or cause damage to her belongings.)

"I know you do."

Bewildered, Percy's eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"Then why am I always the one receiving the talking-tos and stern looks?"

Will looked over in Luke's direction, watching him try and fight against the small ten-year-old there as a sort of intern. Will sighed when the poor boy was knocked to the ground - as if he had a chance against a full grown, angry, adult man. Even if he was injured, an angry Luke was still hard to beat.

Luke was hard to beat.

Will pointed in Luke's direction, causing Percy to turn and look.

"You, you want me to tell that off? And what, die?"

Percy bit the inside of his lip, staring from Will to Luke and back.

"He wouldn't hurt you."

Will's eyebrows had never shot up faster.

"And why is that?"

Percy's cheeks went pink as he took a step back.

"Aha, would you look at that. Chiron's calling me. Look, Will, it was nice talking to you but I gotta go."

As if Will was supposed to not be intrigued by the nervous laugh and the so-obviously-fake excuse.

Chiron wasn't even at camp today. He'd been sent up to Olympus to attend a council meeting. Dionysus was apparently too 'sick' to go. Liar.

Will rolled his eyes slightly, a small smile on his face. He turned, ready to get back to work when he bumped into Luke.

"He's right you know. I would never hurt you."

Will took a step back, both interested and disbelieving.

"You would never hurt me but you would hurt the tiny ten year old who just wants to learn?"

Luke ignored Will's biting comment in favour of developing his statement.

"I would never hurt you because you mean too much to Percy."

And then Luke was gone, charging towards the borders once more.

Ever since the Giant War ended two years ago, Luke has been set on proving himself to the camp.

For about a year now (ever since he was let out of the infirmary), he's been charging headfirst into danger in order to prove that he was on the camp's side.

He didn't trust Percy's, or Annabeth's, or anyone's words to convince the camp that he was no threat.

He didn't even trust the campers who had, by now, forgiven him. (The best they all could.)

The next day, Will found himself alone in the infirmary.

The other year-rounders (and campers who had come back for Christmas) were all off trading Christmas presents and making crafts together. Many of the older campers had set up games for some of the younger kids who couldn't focus. Even the Ares cabin had set up a game. A potentially scarring one but still a game. For now however, everyone had steered clear of Cut The Head Off The Reindeer. Rightfully so in Will's opinion.

The only reason Will wasn't with them was because he was waiting for Luke's daily appearance into the infirmary.

Unsurprisingly, the door to the infirmary was pushed open not an hour later, Luke stood there with an arm over Percy's shoulder, Percy's arm wrapped around his waist for support.

Will stood, gesturing to the nearest bed for Percy to set Luke on.

As Will checked Luke over for the injury, Percy clutched tightly to the pretty gift bag, hugging it to his chest.

Luke watched - feeling slightly embarrassed - as Percy attempted to hand the gift over to Will, only to shake his head and bring it back into his chest.

Every time Will stepped away from Luke, even if for only a second, Percy attempted to hold the present out to Will, only to decide against it almost immediately.

"Will, please take the present from Percy before he starts crying. It's rather sad to watch."

Will jolted in surprise before turning to Percy, smiling gently when he caught sight of his nervous form.

Percy stared at his boyfriend in disbelief, shocked that he would betray him at such a time.

"Percy, this is the part where you give Will your gift. It's really not that hard."

Percy gulped, nodding, before holding out the bag for Will once more.

Will thanked Percy as he took the bag, sending a smile his way that made Percy's cheeks redden.

"See Percy? It wasn't that hard."

Percy rolled his eyes, shuffling closer to Luke's bed in order to wrap his arms around him.

"For you maybe." He muttered.

And that was where Percy should have stopped talking.

"You're not the one with a massive crush on him."

All three of the room's occupants stopped, varying emotions presented on their faces.

Luke held back a laugh as he watched Will splutter, his cheeks pink, staring at Percy in surprise.

"You have a crush on me?"

Percy, horrified, did no more than stare at Will, his eyes wide.

"Haha, no."

Again, this is where Percy should have stopped.

"Why would I have a crush on you? You, with your pretty blonde curls and sky blue eyes. And the little freckles on your cheeks, just under your eyes, that are barely noticeable unless you're really close. It's just you're like awesome, and really pretty and Luke keeps teasing me but-"

"Percy."

"Erm, Merry Christmas?"