Believe In Me Part 2

Annabeth left.

He couldn't believe it. She just upped and left as if he didn't matter at all to her.

That's because you don't, he thought.

Peecy wasn't far from having a mental break down.

He was trying to juggle so many things at once, all on his own.

He couldn't help but feel like he was a bad guardian to Amber.

He was letting his feelings get in the way of properly caring for her.

All because his girlfriend left him.

It was pathetic really.

It was Nico who made him see sense, made him know that he wasn't alone.

Will made sure he was always eating.

He made sure that both him and Amber were healthy.

Nico threatened anyone who talked badly of either Percy, or Amber.

Even Connor Stoll had stuck closely to Percy's side.

He kept their spirits high, made Amber giggle whenever she was sad.

The same went for Percy, even if he had to reduce to tickling the poor boy.

The three of them loved it when Percy laughed.

The way his laughs were more giggles than anything.

They loved them, found them cute, no matter how much Percy hated them.

All together, the three of them kept him sane, kept him whole.

He was glad to have some of his workload taken off his back, enjoying the chance to feel like a normal teenager for once.

Well, as much as he could anyway.

Connor liked to show Amber his pranks.

She tended to find it particularly funny whenever the Ares cabin were the victims.

It had taken ages to calm her down after the one where they all came out in pink summer dresses with faces full of makeup.

Turns out she could be an evil little thing.

Connor loved it.

He seemed as if he was training her to become his assistant.

Percy didn't mind, it kept them both happy.

Nico found it funny when she laughed at the poor victims.

Until he was the poor victim she was laughing at.

He had been about to go and hunt down whoever dyed all of his clothes bright colours until he turned around to see a squealing Amber in the arms of a giggling Percy.

His anger melted instantly, sighing as he made his way over to them to rest his head on Percy's shoulder.

About half a year after Annabeth left, the five of them moved into an apartment together in New Rome.

They decided they didn't want Amber growing up in a summer camp.

Hazel had wanted to spend some time with Amber. Nico had agreed, telling her that it would be good for Amber to get to know her and Piper more.

Nico, Will and Connor had gone to drop Amber off together.

As soon as they left, Percy found himself curled up on their sofa, crying his eyes out.

He'd never felt so cared for in his life and they weren't even there for him.

They had moved in with him so they could help him with Amber.

Percy was just their friend they felt bad for.

They were good friends who just wanted to help Percy with his daughter, to make sure they were both safe and healthy.

And here Percy was, a bad person who crushed on his friends just because they offered him help.

He was so ashamed.

Will and Nico were dating for gods
sake!

Nico, Will and Connor left to go home once they heard Amber's happy babbling, knowing she was in good hands.

The whole reason Nico had agreed to this in the first place was so they could all spend the night alone with Percy.

Percy drew them in, captured their hearts one by one.

But instead of crushing them, he took good care of them, just how he took good care of Amber.

His kindness was one of the things they loved about him. But sometimes it made them angry too.

How could someone so kind have gone through so many hardships? They didn't think it was fair.

But Percy did.

They returned to their apartment in good spirits, looking forward to spending the rest of the day with their - with Percy.

What they hadn't expected was to find Percy curled up on the couch, sobs racking his body.

Will was the first to move, running over to Percy and hugging him to his chest.

Nico and Connor followed not long after, worried.

They all huddled around their - around Percy, Connor's fingers combing through Percy's hair.

Percy only seemed to cry harder once he realised it was them, trying to move away and out of their hold.

They didn't let him, instead only holding on tighter.

They sat there for about ten minutes before Percy finally stopped crying, his face red.

"P-please don't leave me." He whimpered.

His voice was quiet, broken.

Nico frowned, leaning forward to wipe some of Percy's hair out of his face.

"Why would we do that?"

"B-because you're only here for A-amber and eventually you're gonna l-leave me. Just like A-annabeth."

Nico couldn't take it anymore. He surged forwards, his lips meeing Percy's.

Percy made a small noise of surprise, waiting for Nico's lips to start moving before he kissed back, feeling scared.

When they broke apart, they were both breathing heavily, a small smile tugging at Percy's lips.

Connor gripped Percy's chin, turning his head so he was looking at him.

He smiled reassuringly before leaning in for a kiss, this one much softer.

Peecy was the first to pull away, confused.

He didn't get long to mull it over before another pair of lips met his own, this pair much warmer than the other two.

Percy's breathing was laboured when the kiss ended, his mouth parted in shock.

"Percy," Will grabbed ahold of Percy's hands as he talked, "yeah we're for Amber. But we're here for you too. We moved in with you because we love you. We want to help you because we love you."

Percy looked doubtful, which encouraged Connor to speak too.

"Originally - as bad as it may sound - I only started helping you with Amber because I had a crush on you. Had since you first came to camp. But then Amber worked her magic and I wanted to help because of her, too. And then we'd grown so close and I was spending so much time with you that I fell in love."

Percy's eyes were watery, his heart beating loudly in his chest.

Nico paused before speaking, taking a deep breath.

"When I told you about my crush on you, I lied. It was so much stronger, is so much stronger than that. I've loved you for years. This was my chance to get closer to you, maybe see if I could get you to love me to."

So, this sucked. I don't know what I was going for. I think I just mixed all of my ideas together and ended up with this.