Chapter 115

A/N:  Just a heads up, before writing this chapter I had just finished watching Bridgerton, and I think that might have influenced this chapter just a bit.  Not in a bad way or anything, at least not in my opinion.

2589 words

I put my cell phone back on the end table after I typed up my quick reply to his message that told me he was basically just outside the building

I put my cell phone back on the end table after I typed up my quick reply to his message that told me he was basically just outside the building. For a moment or two I debate what to do with myself. Should I drape myself seductively across the bed? Should I simply stand and wait? I frown at both of those ideas and before I come up with another preposterous one I sit myself on the couch at the foot of the bed. I shake my head at myself as I realize this was probably the first decision I should have made. To at least sit down comfortably until I hear the door open to announce his arrival, and if not the door then his footsteps.

I think I wait five minutes at most before he breaches the doorway. I stand up and imagine the full visual effect as the skirt of the floor length robe billows behind me. The problem is that at first he isn't looking in my direction at all. He is instead frowning at the room. "No, no. This isn't right. I asked for them to have candles on the tables. For there to be flower petals on the bed. I even asked for soft romantic instrumental music to fill the room."

While I hate that he isn't looking at me, I can't help but smile at all the things he had originally planned out

While I hate that he isn't looking at me, I can't help but smile at all the things he had originally planned out. It hardly matters to me that the staff hadn't prepared things according to his intended suggestions. "Jin." His face is turning red as he is obviously frustrated at finding the room not to his liking. "Sweet Jin, I really don't need any of those things."

I don't know if he finally regained his focus, or if it was the pet name that I gave him, but belatedly he turns his attention away from the room and on me. The dark pools of his irises swim with a mixture of heartfelt emotion and deep seated desire as he lets his gaze linger over every inch of me draped in the extravagant pink fabric. "You look beautiful, Princess." He clears his throat and frowns at the room again. "I wanted everything to be so perfect for us tonight."

I take a few steps closer to him. "I'm guessing you didn't hear me a moment ago. Listen closely this time." I repeat myself verbatim. "Sweet Jin, I really don't need any of those things." I shake my head to visually add some emphasis to that statement. Then I reach out a hand and interlace my fingers with his own. "I only need you." I'm not taking a moment to think my actions through, only running on pure instinct, as I drag him up on the mattress with me.