Chapter 65

Today is the first official work day for the house staff so I don't end up preparing lunch myself. I offer to shadow Dasom but she waves me off. "There will be plenty of time in the future for that. Wait until they become busy again. We will have more free time then."

Joon comes up behind me. "Feel free to make some easy leftovers to be stored away for the weekend, Yum-ssi. We will be ordering pizza tonight for supper."

She smiles warmly at Joon and bows. "Of course Kim-nim."

"We're ordering pizza?"

"We thought it would pair nicely with bowling." I don't fight him as he pulls me out of the kitchen. I'm not really sure where we are going, but I don't disengage my hand from how his large one is engulfing mine. I'm a little surprised when he leads me to my own room and pulls me inside. I'm even more surprised by the way he pushes me up against the wall and the mirror hanging there rattles from the impact, even though he wasn't forceful with the action.

  I'm even more surprised by the way he pushes me up against the wall and the mirror hanging there rattles from the impact, even though he wasn't forceful with the action

"Careful there God of Destruction." I smirk up at him.

He glares at the mirror for a second, as if it were the object at fault, then glances back at me. "With the staff here it's a bit harder to find somewhere private to talk. I'm not sure what possessed me to trap you here like this."

I shrug. "Being trapped in your arms seems like a good place to be to me."

His dimples make a sudden appearance, and I find myself immediately swooning. "Yes, I just wish we had more time together. The others have next week also, but I will have to go back to work Wednesday. I won't have a full schedule, but it will make things even more difficult to find some time to ourselves."

"Did you have something in mind?"

He nods. "I was thinking we could go out just the two of us Monday. Somewhere nice." He smiles encouragingly.

"I'd like that." I smile for a second, but find the expression falling shortly thereafter. Regarding Joon and our relationship, the timing has always felt off. I'm thankful that we will have time together for our date, but I am also worried a bit too.

"What is it?"

"I might express this poorly, so I apologize in advance if I do so." He nods at me, indicating I should proceed. "Do you mind if we take it slow? I want to get to know you directly a bit more, and I just don't think we have really had that much time to do that. I wanted to express this because I was afraid after going on the date with Jimin yesterday and the way things progressed you would exp--."

Joon interrupts me by kissing me softly on the lips, which seems to be my soulmates' favored way of shutting me up. See if I complain about it. It works and gives me loving lip locking moments. I'm all for it!

"I don't expect anything, Daisy. Honestly, I 100% agree with taking it slow. Being each other's soulmate only means that we will have a deep bond and loving feelings, but it doesn't mean that it will necessarily happen overnight or right away. When it comes to romantic reciprocated feelings they have to have a chance to build over time. I definitely don't want to rush things, and I understand why you feel the same."