Chapter 94

Waking up in any of my soulmate's arms I mentally deemed should always be a pleasant experience. The way I was literally draped all over Hobi with my head cradled perfectly on his chest and my left leg hitched over his hip I found exceptionally comforting. Not to mention the hand he used to cup my hip, his thumb periodically stroking my bare stomach even in his sleep. Waking up in this position I should have an immediate smile on my face because I feel completely content.

Only the problem is the cramps that are already kicking my ass. Which means in an hour or two I will probably officially start my cycle. I grumble incoherently and turn my head more so into his chest as if I can deny the way I am feeling. Mother nature is such a bitch. I pause for a moment to reconsider that mental assumption. Actually I bet the feminine cycle was something Father Time concocted. That asshole. I would laugh at my own silly thoughts if I weren't so in pain.

"Petal?"  Hobi groggily inquires if I am okay with the single solitary word

"Petal?" Hobi groggily inquires if I am okay with the single solitary word.

"Uh uh..." I grumble out. I can't deny what is happening in my body, but I can attempt to ignore it for a few more minutes at least.

"Are you hurting? Was I too rough?" The concern coating Hobi's voice immediately has me frowning for a completely different reason.

I groan. "No, no. My current predicament has nothing to do with last night. Last night was good, amazing even. This has MMV written all over it."

"MMV?" Even though he asks me the question I think he already knows where I might be going with this.

"My monthly visitor. I read the abbreviation in several romantic comedies by the same author and adopted the phrase to use myself."

He makes some noise of agreement and starts playing with my hair. "Petal? Can you move so I can get up please?"

I grumble. "But... I'm all snuggly comfortable here."

He chuckles lightly and kisses me on the forehead. "Yes, I understand that. But, I need to go to the bathroom."

"Bladders suck. Not as much as MMVs but they still suck." I grumble out my ridiculous complaint which has Hobi chuckling. He helps me shift so I am laying with my head on my pillow and my back flat on the soft pillowy mattress.

I close my eyes before consulting my brain with the action. I don't know how much time has passed, but I don't think it could be any more than a few minutes before I fully wake up because Hobi is lifting me in his arms in a princess carry. When we walk in the bathroom I register the sound of water running and kiss Hobi on the cheek to thank him for starting the bath water for me. One of my favorite things about him is how he thinks of things like this and acts on them without feeling like he has to ask me.

He sets me on my feet and helps assist me in getting rid of my pajamas. When I am completely disrobed I reach up to repeat the gesture only to have him grasp my hands, stilling the action. I frown up at him. "But aren't you joining me?"