Chapter 143

A/N:  So, I have to admit to not knowing something when I set up this particular event in the story.  I did not know that for South Korean citizens it is a illegal to gamble in other countries.  A reader, Chignagula, pointed it out in a comment yesterday.  The only reason I went this route is because quite frankly I didn't know anything about Monte Carlo outside of the casino.  So, we are going to simply pretend that this law doesn't exist for the sake of the story.  After all, I also intentionally don't bring up the military and such, because in my head the serum could/would alleviate a lot of military conflicts.  I do apologize at the fuzziness regarding that rearrangement of plot though.

I don't really know how it happens. I traditionally don't need an alarm, and I am usually just rising after the sun peeks over the horizon. This morning is a vastly different story. Somehow I don't wake up until 9:30 in the morning, and that's only because my phone is going off on my bedside table. I only briefly glance at the time and the caller ID before answering. "Love? Are you okay?" Jimin asks, sounding exceptionally worried.

"Well, chalk this up to a unique experience because somehow you managed to wake up before me." I find myself laughing at the absurdness of the situation. In what universe are we in now that Jimin woke me up rather than vice versa?

He chuckles. "Well, I'm glad that's the only reason you didn't respond to the texts. We've all been up for about an hour now. I only just got out of the shower myself."

I try not to think about my soulmate on the other end of the phone. Water dripping from his hair down his body and only a towel wrapped around his waist, but obviously I didn't succeed. I clear my throat before I finally respond. "Well, thank you for the surprising wake up call. I'll text everyone to let them know I am up now and get ready. I'm guessing I probably messed up our schedule for the day sleeping so long though."

I can almost visualize Jimin's shrug. "So, what if you did? We have an entire week to explore, and between you and me outside of the casino I am not sure there is much I am really interested in doing."