Chapter 36

The next two days didn't pass like anyone was expecting them to. True, they were busy days, having to be out of the house by nine so we could show up at the venue by eleven, so they could immediately start practicing choreography and doing mic checks. Then, we were stuck at the venue until about nine-thirty pm, which meant we didn't get home until between eleven-thirty and midnight. By that point everyone was exhausted and ready for bed.

I had to assume that whatever Joon had considered to present me to the public fell through. I should have asked, and I did plan on doing so sometime today. It was way too early for the others to be up as of yet, but per normal my internal clock was waking me up at seven in morning, still later than I used to wake up though.

I got up and took a long lengthy shower, since I knew I wouldn't have to worry about Hobi waiting to get in it for a few hours yet. While the water was trickling over my body I attempted to daydream about things we could do this week together. The problem was I kept coming up with the same mental roadblock. Being in public was going to be a huge obstacle, and it worried me that I wouldn't be able to have a true vacation with them.

Once I finished getting ready for the day I deemed I had dawdled upstairs too long already. I went downstairs and was pleasantly surprised to find that I wouldn't be alone after all. He hadn't responded like he heard me yet so I tiptoed behind him and wrapped my arms around his middle.

"You're lucky I heard you approaching

"You're lucky I heard you approaching. Hasn't anyone ever taught you it's dangerous to sneak up on someone when they have a sharp object in their hands?" Yoongi indicated the knife he was using. He put it down though and turned in my arms so he could properly return the embrace. "Good morning." He leaves a light peck on my cheek, and somehow even that small gesture has us both blushing in response.

"I'm surprised you are up so early." I respond.

"I may sleep a lot, but I am often also the first to wake up."

I make a hmm noise in response. "Does that make you a bear?"

"A bear?" He adorably scrunches his nose in confusion, and I can't resist pecking it in response. It's just too cute to resist.

"Yes, you sleep a lot. Hibernation. But you are also the comfiest to cuddle with. Like a teddy bear." I grin up at him, and his gummy smile plays with his lips before he fights to keep it from fully alighting his face.

"Army often compares me to a cat or kitten. I think I like that you are making a different comparison. So, I will graciously allow you to call me bear. But, don't do it in front of the others please." I'm about to cross my heart and promise that I will do my best not to do so. But, apparently he has a better idea on how to seal the promise. Before I know it he has placed me on the counter, a foot away from the cutting board, and is parting my legs to settle himself in the vacant space it provides. He cups my chin and cheek, pulling me down to meet him. His lips are unhurried yet hungry as they softly graze against my own. He nibbles at the plump flesh of my lower lip, asking for permission to deepen our kisses when we hear a throat clearing behind him.