Chapter 2 - BTS (3rd person)

Approximately two days later - Seoul - Just after 9pm

Melon Stadium was packed like always. The other six had left the stage while Jimin got ready to perform his solo. Every time he sang Serendipity his emotions ran high. The lyrics about his soulmate being the one to save him always catapulted him into somnium venereum whether he wanted to be in said state or not. He couldn't complain though; it added a certain element to the performance. The craving to have said soulmate in his life only making every performance seem more authentic and real than the last.

  The craving to have said soulmate in his life only making every performance seem more authentic and real than the last

The serum coursed through his veins. He felt it there beneath his skin. Unfortunately, he wasn't the only member of BTS that remained unmarked. They all were blank canvases. He wasn't sure of what to make of that. It was oddly curious that they all had yet to find a soulmate of their own as well. It was something he had directly chosen not to dwell on though. They would each find their soulmates when the proper time came. He couldn't be sure of that but he was hopeful.

The song began and he danced and sang with his whole heart and soul. When he sang, "my angel, my world," a sharp sting pierced just above the apple of his left cheek. The pain had him stuttering through the next couple lines. It was the shocked cries from the audience that had him stopping his performance altogether.

He looked around for a moment and watched as many mouths turned downward in what he could only assume was sadness, which was confirmed when he noticed a couple of fans with tears tracking down their cheeks. What happened? He only knew it had to do with the pain he felt on his cheek. He cupped it as if veiling the visual would take away whatever torment that it had caused them. There wasn't any choice on whether he should continue the performance or not any more. He quickly left the stage. This would surely reflect badly on him and his fellow BTS members, but he couldn't bring himself to be overly worried about the backlash right now. He had to see for himself what it was the fans had seen.

He jogged quickly to the room where the hair and make-up stations were. He was seeking out his own reflection and what he saw mirrored back at him had him elated and as equally shocked as the audience had been. A flower measuring at only about 1.5 cm in diameter was now imprinted on his face at the upper swell of his cheek just under his left eye.

Manager Sejin quickly caught up with Jimin. "I want to scold you for leaving the stage like that, but I saw the way the crowd reacted. What happened?"

Jimin turned to him and pointed to his cheek. "They saw my soulmate mark. It just appeared during 'Serendipity'."

"Why did you channel 'somnium venereum?'" He wasn't angry with Jimin's actions. He was mostly worried and a tad confused.

Jimin shrugged. "I always do. It's part of why that performance works, because I focus on who the lyrics are meant for." Jimin explains. He isn't upset either. If it weren't for the chanting audience in the stadium he would be drowning in happiness. Instead he knows without looking that sns is blowing up right now. His stans are sure to be one of two things. Either they are heartbroken or angry. News reporters will have their hands on the info and reporting it shortly also, which will just be like adding fuel to the already climbing flames.