Chapter 27

Our morning is exceptionally busy. We have breakfast like normal, but afterward we are all scurrying to get our stuff together. I once again consider my outfit for the day. I still add lighter clothing to my carry on just in case, but I change up my outfit just a bit too. I finally end up deciding to layer a lightweight t-shirt underneath my hoodie. I know the reason it has been taking me so long to decide on an outfit is simply how awkward I am going to feel being so exposed when I have hidden myself behind my layers for about two weeks.

Two weeks? Is that how long it's been? Has so little time passed? It seems like I have been with them for months now. I honestly can barely remember how my heart felt when it was incomplete, before I met the seven pieces that matched my soul and filled in those spaces of my heart. I wouldn't say it felt empty before per se, but the sensation of it brimming with loving sensations seems to be a stark contrast in comparison.

I double check the time. It's nine, and we leave at ten. Even with reorganizing my thoughts and plans I have still managed to make good time.

There's a knock on my door, and I find myself rolling my eyes. I know who it is before I even answer it.

I go to open it and get rapped on the forehead for my trouble. "Oh..." I'm surprised that he doesn't have something smart to say to go along with his action, but it's obvious that he thought he would be waiting a bit longer for me to open the door.

"  I'm surprised that he doesn't have something smart to say to go along with his action, but it's obvious that he thought he would be waiting a bit longer for me to open the door

"I'm already packed, Hobi." I smirk at him, since I know that was his purpose for coming by. He snaps his fingers in an 'oh darn' movement while tacking on a comically disappointed look on his face to go with it.

"Well then whatever are we going to do with this hour we have left to wait?" He pushes past me into the room.

"Sure, bulldoze past me and come right in." I roll my eyes at the empty hallway before turning to look at him.

"Are you excited to stay in a house with just your soulmates?" He asks eagerly.

"I'm excited to be able to see the ocean. Staying with my seven handsome soulmates is just a bonus. Well six handsome. The other is kind of a pain." I can't help but tack on at the end.

"Ya!" He replies disgruntledly.

I pace over to him, wrap my arms around his neck, and stand up on tiptoes to look at him earnestly in the eyes. "I'm only kidding, Hobi." It takes me a second to realize I have threaded my fingers into the hair at the nape of his neck. His sound of contentment being the auditory cue that he is enjoying it. Then his arms are wrapping around my waist and pulling me close. I sigh as we sway back and forth. Who needs music when your heart seems to pulse out its own rhythm?

He leans in and grazes his lips against the spot just below my ear. My responding shiver seeming to embolden him to take it a step further and plant a kiss on the sensitive flesh there. "How did I get so lucky?"