Chapter 92

Once I got out of the shower, after putting on the baggy shorts and top that Hobi had left out for me, I found myself realizing that his idea of supper was instant ramen, and while I understood he didn't have much in the way of food here I knew that ramen wouldn't fill me up. I frowned at the bowl that he placed in front of me. "Have anything to eat alongside the ramen?"

  "Have anything to eat alongside the ramen?"

He frowns at me. "No, I'm sorry Petal I guess I didn't really think that part through."

I shake my head. "No worries, but perhaps we can grab something on the way home and take it back with us?"

"Hm. I kind of promised security the only place I would be driving alone would be here. But, we could call in delivery before we get home. That way it would get there before we arrive." He suggests.

"Chicken?" I smile up at him.

He nods. "Chicken."

I encourage him to go take a shower after he is done with his own bowl of ramen. Once he is behind the wheel again I find myself wondering if I will have the same visceral reaction to my other soulmates driving, as I have to him. I don't know what it is exactly but watching him drive seems to nudge that switch inside me to the 'turned on' position. I try to only glance in his direction a few times during the trip, otherwise I would probably simply gawk at him the whole time.

Hobi lets me know when we are about thirty minutes from home so I get on the phone and call in the order. I've had the order memorized since the first night. I can only guess that it's due to my former jobs. My particular choices, or course, are the only variable since I am bound and determined to try the whole menu if possible. Once I hang up I ponder aloud. "I wonder if it will be the same delivery girl again."

"What was that, Petal?" He leans slightly closer to me.

"Oh, I just noticed that the few times we have ordered chicken the same delivery girl has dropped it off

"Oh, I just noticed that the few times we have ordered chicken the same delivery girl has dropped it off. I was simply wondering aloud if it would be the same one again or not."

His eyes do this weird twitchy thing I have noticed when he is worried, stressed, or even angry. "Perhaps after tonight we should get someone from security to start delivering us our chicken orders."