Chapter 53

A/N:  I try my best to research on things that I don't know.  Languages, locations, etc.  But I admit I'm human and researching only goes so far.  If you see something that is a mistake I'm fine with a correction, but because I did do the research I won't correct it without a valid reason to do so.  IE a website or some other source to prove that it needs corrected.  Also and FYI, when it comes to other languages I don't rely on Google Translate because it has been exceptionally known to be wrong.  Instead I use sites that teach people how to say certain things in that language.

***Edit 6/11/21 In some cases just chalk it up to being a piece of fiction.  

I am exceptionally close to sending a sharp glare at him

I am exceptionally close to sending a sharp glare at him. Who knew that Tae could be so strict when it came to teaching me the Korean language? Okay, that's probably more my reaction to the lesson than him. I'm not grasping it as fast as I would like, and as I stated before my American tongue is not wrapping around the words properly. My pronunciation is horrific. Which when I announced this the first few times he just laughed at me. I'm pretty sure now he is regretting even offering to teach me at all.

Shortly after Korain and Hye Rin left we sequestered ourselves away in my room

Shortly after Korain and Hye Rin left we sequestered ourselves away in my room. We have been up here for hours. We originally started by sitting on the floor, but it didn't take long for us to graduate to the bed. The hardwood floors were definitely not made for sitting on for extended periods of time. We were sitting face to face before I started growing overwhelmed with the lesson. He's still seated while I am laying on my stomach and periodically staring out the window.

"Okay let's go over some of the things you have learned. I'll say a word and you tell me the meaning." I groan but nod. At least he isn't making me pronounce it myself. This way of testing is a touch easier as my comprehension has been obviously better than my pronunciation.

"Kamsahamnida."

"Thank you."

"Chwayseonghamnida."

"Oh this is one of the I'm sorry usages. I just don't recall which one."

"This one is like if you were to bump into someone unintentionally. Mianhamnida is more like a heartfelt apology. Say you had forgotten a loved one's birthday. That is the one you would use in that case." Tae pats my leg encouragingly.