Chapter 160

A/N:  Most of you were simply in shock because of the way last chapter ended.  Some of you were not very happy.  I had honestly been arguing with myself for hours now to hold out on posting this chapter until tomorrow.  But obviously I caved.  

2605 words

Edited 3/9/2022

If you have read it before then you probably already know the difference; if you haven't well it's not really a big deal.  I just decided to change a fact for future endeavors.

  I just decided to change a fact for future endeavors

When trauma and tragedy strikes in one's life it often has them losing a sense of how time still passes around them. That somehow isn't the case with me. I've been through three traumatic life events in a small span of time, getting kidnapped, losing a friend, and now...

Somehow, despite the current situation, I am quite aware that in a week's time Jimin would have been taking that special stage that he had been practicing for, performing the beautiful choreography he had originally planned. The choreography that I will probably never get to see since he had kept it all exceptionally hush hush from me before the car crash.

It's almost been two months since he was first rushed into this hospital on a gurney. He has been in this room ever since the surgery he had treating his injuries. I spend most of the hours of my day here despite the fact that I hate seeing him so silent and still in the bed. I imagine it could be worse though. Outside of his IV there are no visible outside machines or anything hooked up to him. He is breathing fine on his own, and the way he is getting nourishment is via a tube that is underneath his hospital gown attached to his stomach.

My days have changed drastically, and the smallest thing of all is how late I sleep in. Truthfully, I don't find it weird at all that I haven't been waking up as early as I used to. I can't explain exactly why I feel that way, but I can only imagine it is due to the huge amount of stress I force myself through every day.

Since the aftermath of his accident, I tend to wake up at 9:30. I spend the first two hours of my day with my soulmates, Joshua, and Candace. I feel bad that my other soulmates aren't receiving the full extent of how much I love them. I just haven't been able to share my feelings for them at full capacity. They too are mourning how Jimin is missing from our day to day lives, and I wish I could work my way out of my own doldrums to comfort them.

Candace has been picking up the slack regarding Joshua a lot. I don't know what I will do in a few months when she ends up moving out. Honestly, I wish I could feel happy for Candace, Skai, and Korain. It turns out that they were right. Korain is bisexual and his two soulmates are Candace and Skai. I was only mildly surprised, but that was due more to the fact that I wasn't aware that such a pairing existed with the serum. Perhaps pairings like that simply weren't reported. It's completely feasible that they didn't want to go public with their own soulmate story. After all, it's no one's business who you love or how you love that someone.