Chapter 142

2348 words

Today's schedule is different to say the least. While this is our last day on the ship, and it will be our first day in Monte Carlo, it isn't going to be spent sightseeing like the previous days. Heck I don't think the ship will even dock until early afternoon, and the rest of the day we will be onboard the ship. Each hour after ten is blocked out as an interview for myself and each of my soulmates. Well, with the exception of the one o'clock hour which will be our break to eat lunch. We won't even be leaving the ship until probably 6pm due to the lengthy interviews throughout the day, which I am sure will draw out even further once we start gathering our stuff together and saying our goodbyes. It will probably end up being closer to 7pm at that point.

I check the weather after making sure Hobi is awake. Once again the temperature dropped seven degrees. It's 74°F (23.3°C). I quickly decide to wear my eyelet ruffle hemmed blouse with my khaki shorts and my new Amiri daisy jean jacket. Before shooing Hobi out the door to get ready himself, with all his surprise preparation last night he forgot to bring over his toiletries.

We all meet up in the private dining area and I can't help but wonder what the Monaco cuisine will be like, and what Beppe and Feliċ might have prepared based on it. The staff isn't here yet to answer that question, aside from Nikola who is standing nearby should we need anything. So, to pass the time I look up on my phone what the cuisine here might be like. I find myself frowning because I don't really pull up too many answers but it looks like the cuisine is both influenced by Italian and French cuisine so I imagine it will be a counterbalance between the two.

I can't help but smile and Feliċ and Beppe's faces as they come in with carts of covered dishes. "We decided to both serve a Monégasques pastry as well as something we know Daisy loves."

I can't help the happy look that appears on my face nor would I want to because at that moment I am 95% sure I know one of the two things hiding underneath the silver domes. Feliċ lifts mine with a flourish and sure enough beside the pastry mentioned is a scoop of vanilla gelato. Yay!