Chapter 4

I typically hate filling out required paperwork. I was pleased to discover that the paperwork I needed for a passport wasn't overly difficult. The DS-11 form was in fact very straightforward and easy to follow. I also lucked out that the Post Office closest to me had the capability of taking my photo for it, supposedly not all of them did. Not having to hunt down an additional location to get my passport picture taken made the application that much more simple. The most difficult part of the whole situation I would chalk up to being the waiting game. It could take anywhere from six weeks to eight weeks for the forms to go through and to actually have my passport in hand. On the good side that still put the documents in my possession just a couple weeks before their concerts were scheduled.

In that regard, I still had no clue whether I would even be able to get into the concert one of the two nights. I was still waiting to hear back from whatever schmoozing it was that Candace had to do. She hadn't even rightfully filled me in on the subject. She only stated that she might have an in and left it at that. I really wasn't sure what to make of that at all.

In the meantime I was putting myself through a crash course on everything BTS. The first thing I had been doing was watching their music videos with English subtitles to try to get a grasp of what their music might be about. I was pleasantly surprised to find their lyrics were like poetry set to music. 'DNA' was my current favorite for quite obvious reasons because of the lyrics, but I honestly loved nearly all of their music. Even the songs I wasn't as big of a fan of I still had a deep appreciation for.

I groaned at myself on numerous occasions where I had started singing along and found myself trying to mimic the phonetic sounds of the Korean lyrics. I didn't want to depend upon an interpreter to get us through a normal conversation when we were finally face to face, but I feared we might have to. I almost wish that the serum was also able to implement some miracle medicine that made it so soulmates automatically were able to understand each other if they didn't speak the same language, but that idea was completely in the realm of Science Fiction.

The concern about our language barrier prompted me to search 'BTS speaking English' on Youtube. I was happy to know that at the very least Namjoon was pretty proficient at English. The others ranked to pretty knowledgeable to most having the ability to memorize what they wanted to say. I was thankful for one Army member who had put together a video on their Youtube channel ranking their English speaking ability starting with who was the best to who still struggled a lot. After watching several other videos I wondered if that one was out of date however. Jungkook had definitely improved since that video was created, but I wasn't certain if he surpassed Jin and Yoongi or not. Maybe it was more likely that the three were on an equal level playing field.

Gosh, my men are handsome. I have honestly thought this over and over again since I discovered who my soulmates were. I really don't know how I could be this lucky. I keep having moments of concern though. What if I can't get in to see them in Chicago after all?

My phone abruptly goes off. I pause the current video I am watching and make a mad dive for it where it lies on the opposite corner of the coffee table. I'm hoping it's Candace texting me with some news regarding her mysterious excursion.

Candace - Be at this location at 9am tomorrow. I have already arranged for you to get out of work early.

I search for the attached location via google and discover that it appears to be a French restaurant called Madeleine's, which I found odd for such an early morning meeting. I am about to question her via text but before I can reply she sends another one.

Candace - Oh, and bring something nice to wear for the meeting with you tomorrow when you head to work your shift at the cafe.

Me - Candace, what is this about?