Chapter 159

2438 words

I am pinned to my seat as Namjoon walks on the stage and takes his seat behind a long table. Big Hit was able to rent out one of the biggest convention center rooms in the area, and the cameras have swiped over the seats a few times to show just how packed it is. Tears filled my eyes when I happened to catch some of the fan made shirts in the audience. I know they say something on the back, but I am unable to make it out. The front however has half of a daisy on one side, and then my soulmates' names in order of the fanchant on the other side. From that bit alone, I am able to piece together that they are showing their support to me.

Namjoon first starts with an apology. "I know I have done so already, but I really am sorry that we held back the knowledge of Daisy's return to us. I hope you all understand our reasoning and forgive us. I also hope that there are no hard feelings regarding Daisy's reaction to the journalist who asked that misplaced question. She really was kidnapped and six young women are incarcerated because of their involvement."

He looks at the camera and sighs. "The problem is that two others involved still remain at large. Yun Hye Rin, I have tried my best to get you to understand that I am not romantically interested in you. That nothing will happen between us. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I hope you come to terms with this and turn yourself in. And Lee Youngmi, I understand you were just wanting to help someone you loved, but please do the right thing."

I found myself frowning, because that felt like he just said exactly what the police chief had expressly told him not to. True, he didn't focus on me during that spiel, but he just declined her romantic feelings for him for the whole world to see. As he mentioned each of them by name photos were put up on screen for the audience at home to see images of them. There was also a ticker at the bottom of the screen with a phone number provided to contact if any viewer had information regarding Youngmi and Hye Rin.

"Moving past that. I do have some other news that I need to share with you all." He pauses to make sure that they are all listening attentively. "Just after getting Daisy back she received some sad news regarding a close friend of hers. That friend was exceptionally sick, and well, she unfortunately wasn't able to get better." I honestly love that he phrased it like that. He didn't linger over and supply facts; he simply stated how her sickness killed her without using any words that might color the moment inappropriately in the eyes of those watching. "That friend was the mother of a sweet three year old boy, and his care was left to Daisy." The crowd makes surprised aww noises, and he lets it quiet down before he continues. "So, that is the reason you will probably see us accompanied by a toddler in the near future. Also, another one of Daisy's friends will be relocating to Seoul to help the three year old in question easily adjust to living in a new place. So, you might end up seeing her as well." I can tell that mentioning Candace was an afterthought, but I can definitely understand why he wouldn't think of having to explain her presence to others right away.