Chapter 18 - BTS (3rd person)

"I know it was all through text, and we can't get a good read of her emotions that way, but did she seem cold and distant to anyone else?" Jungkook asks.

"It wasn't just you." Yoongi mutters. His expression seems more dour than they have ever seen it.

"Do you think we made her mad?" Jimin asks.

"How could we have made her mad?! I thought what we did was romantic!" Hobi seems to be handling this all worse than everyone else.

"It was. She is probably just preoccupied. We can't keep jumping to conclusions that something's wrong." Namjoon attempts to alleviate the tension.

"She's with Korain. You know the reputation he has had in the past." Jungkook points out. Yeah, this was an issue that was bothering them too, but no one had pointed it out until now.

"Yes, in the past." He pauses for a moment. "He has been reprimanded and hasn't acted that way in well over a year and a half." Namjoon responds again.

Tae, who has been quiet up until this point, speaks up. "She said she would talk to us when she got back. I think we should just trust her."

"That's an excellent point." Namjoon says.

"I'm sorry I'm overreacting. But, it's been hours, and I'm worried." Hobi sighs.

Jimin runs his hand through his hair. "I think we all are."

Tae glances at his phone. He debates about texting her again. But he wonders if he should send a private message this time.

Tae: I know you are just running an errand. But we are worried because you have been gone so long. Can you please just respond so we know you are okay?

Daisy: I'm okay. I made it back. I'm just tired.

"I just sent her a private text. She's back. But she claims she is tired." Tae frowns.

They all sit in silence for a few minutes. Each mulling over what might have brought this on. Everything had been fine the last time they saw her. Everyone had been happy celebrating Yoongi's birthday together. So, why was she closing herself off from them so suddenly?

"I'm calling, Korain. I'm finding out what the fuck is going on!" Hobi announces. They don't expect him to leave the room to make the phone call but that's exactly what he does.

"I don't think I have ever seen him so on edge." Jin mutters.

"Nor have I." Jimin states. Since he has been his roommate for so long that somewhat surprises the others.

The notification of the BTS group chat goes off.

Hobi: Guys, I know what's going on. It's nothing really bad per se. But, let me handle it for now.

"I'm not sure what that means, but I guess we should let it go for now." Namjoon mutters. Suddenly none of them are feeling much up for company so they all part ways heading to their own bedrooms.