Chapter Sixty One

Next-Day...

Ranvijay came back from Delhi, and It was a 2 PM flight, and it took him almost 2:10 hours to reach Mumbai.

The driver was already waiting for him at the Airport as he already asked him to come to pick him up from the airport.

It was already evening when he reached at Rawat mansion. When he entered, he could only see that the family members were sitting in the living room and were discussing something, and it was like they were also waiting for him, which was confirmed when a smile appeared on Harshwadhan's face after seeing him in front of him.

"You came," Harshwardhan said, and Ranvijay went to him and greeted him. Harshwardhan asked him to sit by his side.

"It is good that you came, now you decide the rings by yourself, we have selected five rings, tell us which one you like, and if you do not like any of them then we will be asked the jewelers to send some more right now," Priya said showing the rings to Ranvijay which made him shocked.

"Why are you asking me Mom, you select and buy what you want and like," Ranvijay said, thinking that his mother was asking him to select for her, which was never happened before.

"Why? you are saying as you do not know anything, your decision is the must in this," Priya said.

"What are you talking about Mom, I am getting anything," Ranvijay asked in confusion.

"Oho, Bhai, what is there to be understood, Mom is asking for your decision because it is the engagement ring and Bhabhi will going to wear it, so it is your responsibility to choose a ring for your bride," Alia explained to her brother.

"What? Bhabhi, Engagement? Rings? what are you even saying and who is going to engage?" Ranvijay asked in shock, standing from his seat.

Ranvijay's reaction made everyone confused and shocked. They did not know why he was reacting in that way as he already knew about it.

"What happened, Ranvijay? Why are you reacting like that," Harshwardhan asked, seeing him reacting in that way.

"Dadu, who is going to get engaged?" Ranvijay asked his grandfather.

"You are going to get engaged. Who else, why are you asking like you do not know anything about it? Yes, I knew that this engagement is sudden, but I tried to contact you, but you did not respond to my calls, so I thought that I would tell you once you will come but why are you reacting like that? You did not even know anything about your marriage," Harshwardhan said.

"What, My marriage, and no one asked about my opinion before deciding about my marriage," Ranvijay asked, looking at his Dadu and parents, who were giving him a confused look.

"No one asked you? What are you even saying? I called you and talked with you about Vishwajeet's granddaughter and asked you about your marriage with her, and you agreed with it, then we decided everything and now when everything is fixed, you are saying that no one asked you anything, Have you gone mad or what?" Harshwadhan said in anger, which made everyone scared as Harshwardhan rarely gets rage and he will be angry no one in the family have the guts to utter a single word.

"Dadu, I really did not know anything about it," Seeing Harshwardhan getting angry, Ranvijay calmed him and said to him.

"Then why did you said that you are agree for this marriage when I called you," Harshwardhan asked him again.

"When did you asked me Dadu," Ranvijay asked, trying to remember.

"When I called you last time," Harshwardhan said

It was them Ranvijay remember what had happened.

"Oh No, Dadu, I did not say yes to this marriage, I replied to my P.A. at that time when he was telling me about the work, I put the phone on the side for few minutes, and when I again took it, the call was disconnected, I thought to call you, but then I decided that I will talk to you when I will come back and I got really busy with work that I did not get the time to speak letter, it was all the misunderstanding Dadu," Ranvijay explained to everyone, mostly his Dadu because he could not see him angry on him.

"What?" Everyone was shocked to listen to Ranvijay and conclude that it was all a misunderstanding. They all were shocked after knowing that no one knew what they should do at that time.

Harshwardhan sat on the sofa with a thud due to shock. He was not sure what he should do now, his grandson was not aware of the marriage, and everything was already fixed; what he will say to his friend who was ready to marry his precious granddaughter to his grandson because he trusted him about her.

"Dadu trust me, I did not know about it," Ranvijay sat on his knees in front of Harshwardhan and held his hand.

"What should we do now?" Harshwardhan only uttered this sentence as he was still in shock.

"What can be done now, Dad? Let's talk with them and tell them everything, and I hope that they will understand Ranvijay and us and let only Alia engage with Ayan tomorrow," Priya suggested. She did not want that her daughter's engagement will be a break because she will never find a husband like Ayan to Alia.

"What Alia's engagement?" Ranvijay got another shock.

"Yes, Bhai, Alia is also going to get engage with Ayan on the same day as you, and the marriage was to the fifteenth day from tomorrow," Sameer, who was silent for a long time, explained to Ranvijay.

"With Ayan, but how did this happen, and Yes, from when did the Singhania have a daughter in their family? I did not even know about it," Ranvijay asked.

"I want to talk to you Ranvijay, come to my room now," Harshwardhan said, standing up from his seat and went to his room, leaving the other family members, followed by Ranvijay.

"Close the door," Harshwardhan said when they both reached the room. Ranvijay did as he was asked, knowing well that the situation was not good at that moment.

"Ranvijay, you have to do this marriage," Harshwardhan said, sitting on his bed.

"He sighed, hearing that as he was expecting something like that, but he was not in his mindset to marry at that time. He did not even think about marrying anything.

"Why, do you like someone or love someone?" harshwardhan asked him.

"No, Dadu, it is not like that, it is just that I did not even think about marrying and not this sudden marriage thing, I am ready for this," Ranvijay said calmly, sitting beside his grandfather on the same bed.

"Please Ranvijay, do not say no, I know that it was all my fault that I did not re-confirmed about your answer but I was so happy when you said yes because I really liked that girl for you and she will be a perfect match for you, that was the reason I have decided to ask for her hand for you," Harshawrdhan said.

It was so heartbreaking to listen please from his grandfather's.

"Dadu, Please do not say please, I can do anything for you but please try to understand that I am not ready for marriage" Ranvijay tried to make harshwardhan understand.

"Look, I everything is already fixed and do you what will happen when I will say that you are not ready for this marriage, how will Vishwa and his family will feel and how will I be able to come in from of him in my lifetime, did you able to face Aahil after he got to know that you have rejected his sister just a day before the engagement when I was the one who asked her hand for you, what will that girl feel after knowing that, and will Ayan still agree to engage with your sister after this," Harshwardhan also tried his best to make Ranvijay agreed, and it was also working because he was thinking about it deeply.

"Okay, Dadu, I will do as you wish," Ranvijay said as he did not know what he should do, he thought a lot and also agreed with his grandfather.

"Thank you, I am so happy for you right now," Harshwardhan said in excitement.

"But Dadu, when did they have a daughter, I did not even hear about it, not even from Aahil," Ranvijay asked the question which he wanted to know the most.

"Actually, no one knew about her, she just came back from London, and they did not tell anyone about her due to her safety.........," Like that he explained everything to him, but yes only that thing which he knew from Vishwajeet.

"Do you want to who she is?" Harshwardhan asked as he already knew that Ranvijay already met with Myra, but he did not know about her relationship with Singhania.

"No Dadu, I will eventually meet her at the engagement, I am feeling tired now so I am going to my room," Ranviay said and stood up to go to his room. Meanwhile, Harshwardhan also informed everyone about Ranvijay's decision which made everyone happy.

Ranvijay came back to his room and went to the washroom to change his clothes. After changing his clothes, he came to his bed and laid on his bed.

He was thinking about all the discussions which were happened downstairs, and they have confirmed everything without his permission or without asking him properly. Still, he was not angry with his grandfather as it was all a misunderstanding, and he was also not at fault.

He was just thinking that how can he marry a girl whom he knew nothing about, but he had no choice right now. If he back off now from the marriage, then how will his grandfather will face his friend, and how will he face Aahil in the future.

He was also thinking about Alia that his decision will also affect Alia's marriage, so he decided to agree with it.

He was not angry at anyone, and he was just sad about everything. He just came back, and he got to know about his marriage and that too with an unknown girl. Aahil also never said anything about his sister to him when they were in college.

These were the thoughts that were running in his mind.

Ranvijay was still in his thoughts when he heard a knock on his room door.

He stood up from his bed to open the door, only to find his mother standing with a box in her hand.

"What happened Mom, come inside," Ranvijay said and gave her the space to enter.

"No, it is okay, I just wanted to know your choice about the rings, I know Ranvijay it is too sudden for you when you did not even know about your marriage, but we can not back off right now, son, please try to understand our situation, it will affect Alia as well," Yes Mom, I know you do not worry, I will be okay by tomorrow, I need some time to be comfortable with the sudden happenings.

"Good boy, now tell you which one you like for your would be wife?" Priya asked, showing him the rings.

"Mom, please, I do not know anything about it. Please you decide, whatever you like," Ranvijay said.

"No, you have to do that, it will be for your bride," Priya forced him to decided and showed the rings again.

Ranvijay sighed and decided on one ring, which was simply a beautiful one, with a shining diamond in the middle.

"This one is good Mom," Ranvijay said, showing the selected ring to Priya.

"Do you not think that this one is very simple," Priya asked, seeing the simple ring which was selected by Ranvijay.

"Mom, you know I like simple things," Ranvijay said, getting irritated a little.

"Okay, then this will be final, you take rest now and come down for dinner at dinner time," Priya said and went back.

Ranvijay closed the door and went back to rest for some time, throwing everything away from his mind.

To Be Continued........