Chapter Sixty-Seven

"Why did you agree to marry me?" Ranvijay asked the question which he wanted to ask for a long time.

"I can also ask you the same thing," Myra did not answer but asked the same question.

"I did not have any choice," Ranvijay mumbled to himself, but it was enough for Myra to hear.

"I did not as well," Ranvijay looked at her after hearing her and found that she was also looking at him.

"I thing your purpose of coming here is complete, so you can leave now, I have some work to do," Myra said, breaking eye contact with him.

"Hmm, Yeah, Then I should take my leave," Ranvijay stood up from his seat and started to go but then he remembered suddenly and stopped in his track and look back only to find that Myra was still standing in the same place and was looking at him.

"Can I ask you something?" Ranvijay asked her before asking the question.

"What?" Myra asked back with a frown on her face, and she was looking at him.

"Were you friends with Sameer and his friends?" Ranvijay asked as he wanted to know why Ria said something like that to Alia, which made Alia think wrong about Myra.

Ranvijay just wanted to know, but he overlooked the hatred that started to reflect in Myra's eyes after hearing their names. Still, she composed herself and quickly hid her emotions from him.

"Why do you want to know?" Myra asked back.

"Alia told me that you all were friends so I just asked casually," Ranvijay tried to show the casualness about his question.

"No, I was never their friend," What she answered was right because they never took her as their friend; otherwise, they will never do what they had done with her.

"Okay," Ranvijay did not know why she said like that, but he could feel that something was not right, looking at her straight face.

He thought that there might be some conflict between their friendship because of which they separated, but he still did not get the reason for Ria's motive.

"I also want to ask you something," Myra said, thinking about something.

"Yes," Ranvijay said.

"Suppose one day you got to know that someone want to hurt your family member, what will you do?" Myra asked with an expressionless face.

"I can do anything to make that person regret for his life to hurt my family, as I love my family a lot and can not see a single scratch on them," Ranvijay said, and a killing intance reflect in his eyes.

"Or your family member had done something wrong because of which that person wanted to take revenge on them, then?" She asked again.

"Impossible, I know them very well, they can never hurt anything to such extent that the person will be behind them for revenge, they are not that cruel," Ranvijay said, not getting the point why Myra asked this question and why she wanted to know his answer, but one thing for sure that his one answer crushed the little hope which was staying somewhere in her heart, which forced Myra to asked this question to him.

Now she was sure that she should not hope that he will take her side if he got to know about them. She was convinced that he would not believe her.

"Sure enough," I have some work so that you can go now.

She did not wait for him to say anything and went to her chair to do her work. While Ranvijay was just watching her with some complicated emotions, he did not understand why she asked such a question, and he wanted to ask her but seeing her not in the mood to talk, he did not say anything and went from there.

Once he left, Myra lifted her face looked in the direction where Ranvijay left. She was also in some complex mood. She expected such an answer from him, but still it she was feeling a little sad. She also did not know why she was expecting him to say the opposite.

'Why was I expected him to say something else, and would he trust an outsider than his family? He will obviously trust his family that they can not do anything wrong, and I guess that even if he got to know about it some day, he would not believe it. Why are you even thinking about it?

Just focus on your work, and he does not matter to you, you are doing this marriage just because of your Dadu, so never keep any hope from this marriage as I can say that he was also not ready for this marriage by himself, he was also doing it for his Dadu, this marriage is nothing for us other than a compromise which we both are doing for our loved once.'

She took a deep breath to composed her mind, and after thinking about it for some time, she again started to do her work.

On the other side, Ranvijay was also in some complicated mood, and he was still thinking about Myra's question but still did not get anything.

'Why did she ask me such a question, and why did she say that she was not friended with Sameer and his friends while Alia clearly stated that she was their friend. Did something happen between them, or am I missing something? It is getting confusing, and I really wanted to clear this confusion, but I do not know how whom should I ask..........Yes.... how can I forgot about him...... I can ask him ( Ranvijay got happy ), but will he tell me? ( now his mood got down ), I have not talked with him since engagement day.'

Thinking about something, Ranvijay took about his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello," the person said.

"Hey Aahil, Actually I am at your office and I wanted to talk to you, are you free right now?" Ranvijay asked.

"Why did you not tell me if you are here, you can come to my cabin, I am free right now," Aahil said.

"Okay I am coming," Ranvijay and went to his cabin.

To Be Continued.........