Girlfriend?

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika smiled to himself and walked to the park fountain where he saw Leorio chatting with a girl who had split-dye hair in a buzz cut.  One half was a frog green, and the other half was a mushroom purple. Kurapika tilted his head and hugged the heart-shaped box of chocolates close to his chest.

"Hey, Leorio!" Kurapika called, walking up to his friend. Leorio turned around, and so did the girl. Her black dress swayed on the breeze.

"Hi, Kurapika! This is my girlfriend Cass," Leorio said, gesturing to the girl. Kurapika felt his heart sink to his stomach as he dropped his arms down with the box of chocolates and rose he was going to give Leorio. "What was that?" Leorio asked.

"It's nothing, don't worry," Kurapika said, chuckling the pain away. Cass shot Kurapika a suspicious glare before looking back at Leorio. "Anyways, it's nice to meet you," Kurapika said, extending a hand out to Cass. Cass put on a fake smile and shook Kurapika's outstretched hand.

"Nice to meet you too," she said. Kurapika let out a fake chuckle.

"So, how long have you two been together?" Kurapika asked.

"4 months. We met at-"

"Leorio sweetie, can you go get us all some water?" Cass asked.

"Of course! I'll be right back. Take this time to get to know each other," Leorio said, walking away.

"Those were for Leorio, right?" Cass asked, turning her full attention to Kurapika. The blond swallowed nervously, wondering how she picked that up.

"How did you-?" Kurapika stuttered. Cass sat down on the brim of the fountain and patted at the concrete next to her.

"I saw how your expression fell when Leorio called me his girlfriend. You were going to confess your feelings to him. Don't worry, we don't like each other. It's all an act," Cass explained. Kurapika tilted his head. "I'm saying that I'm aroace, and I know he has his heart set on another person. I'm not telling you who this person is," Cass added.

"Why?" Kurapika asked, sitting next to her.

"It's not my thing to expose," Cass stated. Kurapika hummed and nodded.

"Hey, it looks like you two are getting along. Here are your waters," Leorio said, walking up to them.

"Thanks," Kurapika said, looking up at Leorio.

Cass's p.o.v.

'I wish I could tell Kurapika how I feel about him, but I'm with Cass, and I don't want to break her heart. I don't even know if he feels the same about me anyways.' Leorio thought. Cass rolled her eyes and took the water Leorio was giving her. She grabbed him by the tie and pulled him close.

"Tell him how you feel. I don't care," Cass whispered in his ear.

'How does she know? I don't say anything, and we don't live together,' Leorio panicked.

"I'll tell you how I know later, go tell him," Cass growled, shoving Leorio away. Leorio looked at Cass with a stunned face. Cass shooed him away and tapped Kurapika on the shoulder.

"What happened?" Kurapika asked.

"Go get your mans!" Cass growled, shoving Kurapika away. Kurapika shot Cass a confused face and walked away.

'What is she doing?' Kurapika wondered. Cass let out a chuckle and took a sip from her water bottle.

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika clutched on his box of chocolates and rose for Leorio.

"Hey Pika. Did Cass send you after me?" Leorio asked. Kurapika nodded and nervously looked at his feet, feeling his eyes turn red.

"Leorio, I've been meaning to tell you something. I was going to tell you today, but you introduced Cass to me as your girlfriend, so I wasn't, but then she told me that she wasn't really into you at all. She only sees you as a friend. She figured out what I want to tell you," Kurapika said, trying to not stumble over his words.

"What is it?" Leorio asked.

"I really like you, and I want to be your boyfriend. I understand if you reject me, but I hope it doesn't ruin our friendship," Kurapika said, squeezing his eyes shut.

A few seconds passed by, but they felt like hours.

"Kurapika, come here," Leorio said. Kurapika opened his eyes and walked over to Leorio.

Leorio pulled Kurapika into a hug. Kurapika froze for a second, but then wrapped his arms around Leorio's chest.

"I feel the same way about you. I will be your boyfriend," Leorio said. Kurapika felt his eyes burn brighter as Leorio kissed the top of his head.

Cass's p.o.v.

Cass smirked as she watched Kurapika give Leorio the rose and chocolates.

"Okay you two, I got them together, now pay up," Cass demanded, looking at the tree where Gon and Killua were hiding.

'I wish Cass could do that for me,' Killua and Gon thought in unison. Cass smiled and made a mental note of that.

'I have a job for you, little sister,' Cass thought, watching the two climb down the tree.

"Here is your candy. Gon has your books," Killua explained, handing Cass a bag with Sweedish Fish in it. Gon handed Cass a brown paper bag with the musical transcript in it.

"I'll be off now, goodbye," Cass said, running off.