Binders and Flags

A/N: This contains Trans! Kurapika

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika shuffled through his dresser drawers, desperately trying to find his binder.

"Hey Sunshine, need help looking for something?" Leorio asked, startling him. Kurapika jumped and crossed his arms over his chest.

"N-no, I'm good," Kurapika said, turning around. Leorio lifted an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Are you sure? What if the thing you're looking for is high up?" Leorio questioned.

"I assure you that it's not. I also assure you that it's not in the laundry," Kurapika said, pushing Leorio out of the room.

"Kurapika?"

"What?"

"That hoodie looks nice on you. You should wear it more," Leorio complimented, flicking his eyes up and down. Kurapika blushed and backed away, signalling for Leorio to leave. Leorio nodded and walked away, closing the door behind him. Kurapika let out a sigh and closed his drawers and looked in his closet.

"I FOUND it," Kurapika said, feeling tears well up in his eyes, realizing that his binder somehow got torn up.

'Nononononononono,' Kurapika panicked, starting to cry. He turned his binder over in his hands, realizing that his sewing skills could not fix this. Kurapika started sobbing.

"Sunshine! What happened?" Leorio asked, bursting into the room and scaring Kurapika. Kurapika turned around and showed Leorio the ripped up binder.

"It, it's broken. I can't fix it," Kurapika sniffled. Leorio grabbed the broken binder and examined it.

"I'm guessing there aren't many of this left?" Leorio asked. Kurapika shook his head and looked at his lap.

"It's not a Kurta garment," Kurapika said, biting his lip. He wished he could take back those words.

"Well, I'm sure I can get you a new one," Leorio said.

"No. I can get a new one," Kurapika said, hugging his knees to his chest. Kurapika rested his forehead on his arms and started crying.

"Do you want a hug?" Leorio asked.

"NO!" Kurapika snapped. Leorio got up and walked away. Kurapika got his phone out and ordered a new binder.

-Time Skip-

Kurapika was pacing back and forth in his room, anxiously waiting for his phone to notify him of his package.

DING!

Kurapika looked at his phone and then sprinted out of his room, heading for the front door.

"Kurapika, slow down!" Leorio yelped a little too late.

Kurapika had run into Leorio, and the two had fallen on the floor. Kurapika was laying on Leorio's chest, and Leorio had his arms wrapped around Kurapika. One arm protecting his head, the other wrapped around his waist.

"Leorio, I am so sorry," Kurapika apologized, pushing himself off of Leorio. Leorio propped himself onto his elbows and quickly squeezed his eyes shut. His face was bright red.

"It's fine, you should go get your package," Leorio said, letting go of Kurapika. Kurapika nodded and stood up. He held a hand out for Leorio, which he hesitantly took. Leorio walked away and Kurapika walked to the door.

Kurapika picked his package up and ran to his room.

"Finally," Kurapika sighed, opening the package on his bed.

Kurapika pulled out the skin-coloured binder from its prison and laid it out. He pulled off his hoodie and grabbed his binder.

"Hey Sunshine, I saw this..." Leorio said, trailing off. Kurapika felt his face heat up and he quickly finished putting his binder on.

"NEXT TIME KNOCK!" Kurapika snapped, facing his boyfriend.

"I am so sorry. You're right, I should've knocked. I'm going to go make us some lunch," Leorio said, slowly backing out.

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio closed the door behind him and he walked to the kitchen. Leorio set his phone face-down on the counter and sat at the island.

'Shit. Kurapika is a trans person. That explains why he was so upset this past week. How can I make it up to him?' Leorio wondered, rubbing his temples. Leorio looked over at his work and grabbed his laptop, going to Amazon.

"I know it doesn't make up for me walking in on you and accidentally seeing down your hoodie, but I hope it helps," Leorio muttered as he clicked 'order'.

-Time Skip-

"I'll be right back," Leorio said, standing up from their game of Monopoly.

He walked out to the porch and picked it up and then walked back to Kurapika.

"Open this," Leorio ordered, handing the package to Kurapika. Kurapika looked up at him and lifted an eyebrow, shooting Leorio a suspicious glare. "Open it!" Leorio urged. Kruapika nodded and opened the package.

"Leorio," Kurapika breathed, pulling out the flag. Leorio rubbed the back of his neck.

"I know it doesn't make up for walking in on you, but-"

"Come here," Kurapika chuckled, attacking Leorio in a hug.

"Sunshine!" Leorio yelped, catching himself before he fell on his back.

"Words can't describe how thankful I am, but actions will," Kurapika said, kissing Leorio on the lips. Leorio just stayed there, stunned before melting into the kiss. Leorio pulled Kurapika closer to him.

"You're welcome. But I feel like I need to do more than just give you a flag, a few hugs, and your first kiss," Leorio said, pulling away.

"You could help me hang up my flag," Kurapika explained.

"Okay, I will then," Leorio chuckled, helping Kurapika stand up.