Stabbed

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio was writing a work email, which he always hated doing. He was tired as well, which didn't help. He has some music (Queen, if you will) playing to help him stay awake. He had a cup of coffee earlier, which was slowly losing its effect on him.

Were there spelling mistakes? Probably. Did he care? No. Not at all. Not a single bit.

Leorio finished the email and sent it. If there were spelling mistakes, he'd deal with it at work, for he wanted food: so Leorio stood up and walked to the kitchen, hoping to find something to eat.

"Beef ramen? I'll settle," Leorio said, knowing he'd have to go shopping soon. Leorio grabbed the ramen and prepared it to eat.

As Leorio was stirring the flavour packet in, he heard the door to his one-bedroom apartment burst open. Leorio quickly stirred the rest of the flavouring in and poured the ramen into a bowl. Leorio grabbed a knife and crept towards the noise. He also activated his Zetsu to make sure the person who broke in couldn't sense him. He didn't want to die on his patients.

"Ow! Watch it!"

Leorio recognised that voice. It was Kurapika.

'What the hell is he doing here at this hour?'

"Let me go turn on a light," Leorio said, walking away from Kurapika. Guessing by the sound of his voice, Kurapika was in a lot of pain, and it wasn't from being stepped on. Accidentally, of course.

Leorio flicked on the light, making Leorio squint and Kurapika hiss. Leorio turned around, and what he saw made his heart drop.

Kurapika was curled up, there was a knife deeply lodged into Kurapika's side with blood slowly dripping, and there was a trail of blood leading up to Kurapika. The blood leading up to Kurapika was footprints, so who knew if it was someone else's blood or Kurapika's. The sight made Leorio want to kill whoever was responsible for this.

Leorio ran to grab his first aid kit from under the sink. Leorio went back to the scene and slipped on a pair of latex-free rubber gloves. He was going to have to work around the knife to make sure Kurapika didn't die of blood loss.

"Alexa, call 119," Leorio instructed, picking Kurapika up and placing him on his couch.

"Imagine if the 9 was in front of the one's," Kurapika laughed. Leorio ignored this and started to apply pressure to the area. Kurapika let out a cry of pain.

"I know, sunshine. It hurts, but I need to do this until the ambulance gets here," Leorio explained. He didn't like seeing the blond in pain, but he'd rather not have Kirapika dead.

"119, what's your emergency?"

"I have a person in my house who got stabbed. My address is 123 Sesame Street," Leorio said. Kurapika squirmed under his grasp.

"Thank you. We will send an ambulance your way," the operator said.

"Thank you," Leorio said.

"Leorio, it hurts. Please stop," Kurapika cried.

"I know, but I need to do this so you don't die on me, okay?" Leorio said, leaning over to give Kurapika a forehead kiss. Kurapika nodded and let out a whine. Leorio felt bad for Kurapika.

The two stayed in the position they were in for a few minutes until the ambulance got to Leorio's house. Leorio opened the door and allowed the paramedics in to take Kurapika.

"Make sure he lives," Leorio muttered, watching the ambulance drive away.