Runaway

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika was currently making some late-night hot chocolate as one does, when he heard the door open. Kurapika conjured his chains and turned his head to see Pyro walking through the door. He froze before turning around.

"Where were you? Why were you out so late?" Kurapika growled.

"Drugs," Pyro said, running out the door. Kurapika furrowed his brows but then ran after his kid. As much as he didn't believe that Pyro was doing drugs, he didn't want to take the risk. Kurapika first took care of his mess and then ran out after his son. Kurapika stopped outside of his front step. Pyro was probably long gone. From what he'd heard, Pyro had amazing endurance and physical strength.

Kurapika slumped to the ground and cradled his head in his hands.

"Kurapika, what happened? I heard the front door slam and a panicked heartbeat," Melody asked.

"Pyro ran off, and now he's gone. Can you wake everyone up so we can find him? I'll call his foster family," Kurapika explained.

"Yeah, I will," Melody said. Kurapika nodded a 'thanks' and pulled his phone out and called Erik.

"This is Erik, what happened?" Erik asked.

"Pyro ran away, and I don't know where he is. Can you and your family help me find him?" Kurapika asked.

"Oui."

"Thank you."

Kurapika hung up and went back inside to be greeted by a worried Leorio.

"Why did Pyro run away?" Leorio asked, grabbing Kurapika by the shoulders.

"I saw him come in the door because I was making hot cocoa, and I asked him why he was out so late, and he said 'drugs' and then fled," Kurapika responded, feeling tears prick his eyes. Kurapika lowered his gaze. "It's all my fault," he whimpered.

"No, sunshine. It's not. I had a chat with Erik when you were away on mafia business, and I was told he tends to run away when he gets scared. It's not your fault. Do you want a hug?" Leorio said. Kurapika nodded. Leorio pulled Kurapika into a hug. "We're going to find him." Kurapika hugged back.

"Dad, Papa, I just heard that Pyro is gone. Will we find him?" Alluka worried.

"Of course, we will, sweetheart," Leorio said, rubbing Kurapika's back.

"Melody has excellent hearing. She'll be able to hear Pyro's heartbeat," Killua said. Kurapika knew he was right, but his heartbeat changed when there was a switch, and that made Kurapika worry. Pyro was incredibly smart, so he'd use that to an advantage, which would make things harder.

Kurapika hoped that Pyro would be safe.