Nightmares

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio was standing guard outside of the cave he and Kurapika found. Kurapika was currently sleeping. He was using Leorio's coat as a blanket. Leorio couldn't help but blush at the thought of Kurapika curled up under his coat.

Leorio jumped as something rustled in a nearby bush. He grabbed his knife. Leorio relaxed when he realised it was an animal.

Leorio decided to check the time.

"Damn, Kurapika and I need to switch soon. I'll go wake him up," Leorio mumbled. When Leorio was alone, he would talk out loud to himself. It calmed his nerves. It helped him a lot. Leorio turned around and walked into the cave.

"No. Please stop," Leorio heard Kurapika whine. Leorio started running. Was Kurapika in danger? Did someone sneak in the cave when Leorio wasn't looking? Leorio relaxed when he realised Kurapika was only talking in his sleep.

"Hey, Sunshine, wake up. It's time for you to stand guard," Leorio said, shaking Kurapika awake. Kurapika woke up and instantly pulled Leorio into a hug. Leorio blushed. It was very odd that Kurapika was showing affection towards him. Especially since they were in the beginning stages of their friendship.

"Thank goodness you're here," Kurapika whimpered. Was he crying? Leorio was going to comfort him. Yes. He was going to do that. Leorio held Kurapika closer and started rocking side to side, trying to calm him down.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened?" Leorio asked. Kurapika shook his head. "That's okay." Leorio started stroking Kurapika's hair. It was another thing Leorio knew to help calm someone down. Well, it worked in his family.

"Thank you," Kurapika cried, his voice getting small. Leorio patted his back as a way to say 'you're welcome'. He had a feeling Kurapika had a nightmare. Leorio was okay at helping people when they had nightmares.

"Do you want me to continue keeping guard?" Leorio asked. Kurapika hadn't calmed down much, but he hoped that changing the topic would help Kurapika calm down a little bit.

"No, I want you to stay," Kurapika responded.

"What if we kept watch together. How about that?" Leorio asked. Kurapika nodded. "Okay, I'm going to need you to stand up."

Kurapika stood up as Leorio stood up.

Now Kurapika's face was buried in Leorio's chest, which made him flustered. Why? Cause he was trans and was binding, and it felt like Kurapika's face was in hit tits. Leorio wanted to push Kurapika away, but Kurapika needed the support, so Leorio sacrificed his comfort for Kurapika.

"I'm going to pick you up, is that okay?" Leorio asked. Kurapika shook his head and started crying harder.

Shit.

"Hey, Kurapika, what if I held you on my back; is that okay?" Leorio asked. Kurapika shook his head again. "Do you just wanna stay like this?" Kurapika nodded. Okay. Leorio could do that.
Yeah, he can definitely do that.