Moving In

Leorio's p.o.v.

"Pyro won't be too happy about this. You know that," Kurapika huffed, crossing his arms. Leorio let out a sigh. He knew Kurapika was right, but Gon, Killua and Alluka needed people to live with; they couldn't keep living on the run and in shitty hotels.

"I know sunshine, but I can't let them continue living the way they have been for the past year. I don't want them getting hurt," Leorio explained, stopping at the red light. Killua, Gon and Alluka were asleep in the back.

"At least Pyro knows that we've adopted them. I should call him and let him know we picked the kids up. You keep driving," Kurapika said, pulling out his phone. The light turned green, so Leorio stepped on the gas.

"I have nothing else to do other than chat with you. Can you put Pyro on speaker?" Leorio asked, turning onto the highway. Kurapika nodded and did just that.

The phone rang a few times before Arson answered.

"Hello?" Pyro asked, sounding annoyed.

"Hey, just wanted to let you know that we've picked up Gon, Killua and Alluka," Kurapika said. Pyro muttered something in anger. Knowing him, it was probably a swear word. Leorio and Kurapika had no issue with the boy cursing. As long as he wasn't being mean with it, then Leorio was fine with it.

"Well, I'll start unloading the dishwasher. Then I'll have Sophie load it," Pyro explained. Leorio bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself from yelling at the kid. At least Pyro was doing it now because late is better than never. That's what Pyro always said.

"Good, because you know your Papa and I have been pestering you about it," Kurapika responded. Leorio wondered what Kurapika was thinking about this whole situation. How would long would Pyro take to adjust to having two brothers, a sister and a sibling.

"Yeah, I know. Well, I'm going to hang up now so that I can go do the thing I just told you about," Pyro said, hanging up.

"Finally," Kurapika huffed. Leorio knew what he meant, so he only nodded in response.

"How much longer?" A tired Gon asked. Judging by his voice, he just woke up.

"About thirty minutes," Leorio responded. Gon let out a whine. Leorio knew the kid wasn't used to long car rides, so he didn't blame him. Leorio slightly turned up the radio for Gon. He knew Gon liked music if he wasn't moving around. Just like Pyro. Leorio smiled at the thought of Arson sharing his music taste with Gon. He knew Pyro enjoyed sharing what he was interested in, so he hoped that Pyro could do that with his new siblings.

"Does Pyro know you've adopted us?" Gon asked.

"He does," Leorio responded, biting his tongue so that he didn't over-explain to Gon.

"Was he excited about it?" Gon asked.

"I'm not sure. He didn't show any emotion towards it," Leorio said, not wanting to make Gon feel bad. Pyro was an introvert, so he preferred alone time over being social. He knew Pyro would hide in his room more than usual since he has siblings now. Leorio could only hope that Gon wouldn't take it personally.

"Oh, well, I hope he enjoys our company!" Gon said, probably punching the air. Leorio smiled at the kid's optimism. He just hoped that Pyro would be the same way.

Leorio heard Killua and Alluka wake up. How? Because he heard them make stretching noises.

"Good morning sleepyheads," Leorio said, merging onto their exit.

"Are we there yet?" Alluka asked.

"Fifteen more minutes," Leorio responded, earning a groan from all three children. Leorio silently chuckled to himself at their reaction. He looked over at Kurapika, who was texting someone. It was either someone from work, or it was Pyro. If it was someone from work, it was most likely Melody as the two were very close friends.

That reminded Leorio of his friend Zepile. How was he? Was he doing well? Leorio would call him later tonight just to check in. He hoped his friend was doing alright.

"What?" Kurapika asked.

"I was just wondering who you were texting, and then I thought of my friend, Zepile," Leorio explained.

"I was texting Melody. She'll be coming over to help settle the kids in. I told Pyro, so don't worry about him," Kurapika explained, turning his phone off. Leorio nodded.

"I hope Pyro will get along with Melody. I wonder if she can hear their switches," Leorio said.

"What do you mean?" Kurapika asked.

"Like, does the heartbeat change when someone else is fronting? Will Melody be able to hear that?" Leorio explained.

"Oh. That's actually a really good question. I'll ask Melody about that right now so I don't forget," Kurapika said, picking his phone up. Leorio nodded and stopped at the red light. The light quickly turned green, so Leorio stepped on the gas.

"What did she say?" Leorio asked when he noticed that Kurapika had set his phone down.

"She's not sure, so we'll all see when she's around him," Kurapika explained. Leorio nodded and pulled into their driveway.

"Okay kids, we're home," Leorio called, parking the car. All three kids cheered and hopped out as soon as Leorio unlocked the car. Leorio chuckled at their enthusiasm as he got out and opened the trunk. He helped each kid get their stuff out.

Leorio opened the door to the house and he took off his shoes. Leorio walked upstairs to Pyro's room and knocked on his door.

"Yes?" Pyro called.

"Gon, Killua and Alluka are here. We need your help getting them settled in," Leorio responded. He heard Pyro let out a groan, causing Leorio to chuckle. He knew Pyro hated doing stuff, and Leorio didn't blame him; he was the same way.

"Coming," Pyro said. Leorio nodded and walked away. He walked downstairs where he grabbed Alluka's suitcase from her seeing as she was having trouble carrying it.

"Thank you, mister Leo!" Alluka said. Leorio smiled at her.

"Come on kiddo, let's take this to your room and help you get settled in."