Phantom Leorio

A/N: I don't have that much music knowledge, let alone OPERA knowledge, so please correct me if I get anything wrong. I also know next to nothing about organs too, so again, please correct me if I get anything wrong. -An inexperienced theatre kid who was in an orchestra

Kurapika's p.o.v.

"Are you ready for your warmup?" the masked man asked. Kurapika smiled and nodded, fiddling with the lace on his sleeves. He was cold. He wished he had a cape.

"Yes, maestro," Kurapika said. The masked man nodded and sat at the piano that was in the corner of the dark, cold room.

"We are starting with mum," Maestro said, quickly playing the scale Kurapika would be warming up to.

"Mum mum mum mum mum mum," Kurapika sang. He was a tenor, a chorus boy; here he was, warming up with a man in half a white mask. Kurapika kept on singing the word 'mum' until Maestro was satisfied.

He always found warming up funny, but Maestro explained that warming up using different words (or lip buzzing) would help Kurapika be able to annunciate words while he was singing. It also helped wake up his vocal cords so that way when he sang high or low notes, it wouldn't strain his voice.

"Onto goog," Maestro said. Kurapika nodded, biting his cheek temporarily as to not break out in laughter.

"Goog goog goog goog goog goog," Kurapika sang, doing his best to not laugh.

"Again."

"Goog goog go-" Kurapika burst out in laughter. The word 'goog' was too funny to him.

"I can see that you can't take this warmup seriously, so we'll be moving onto lip buzzes; then tongue twisters," Maestro said in annoyance. Kurapika nodded and coughed. He wasn't cold anymore because he was laughing.

"I'm ready to do the warmup," Kurapika said once he caught his breath. Maestro nodded and started playing the scale. Kurapika did the lip buzz until Maestro was satisfied.

"Now the tongue twisters. Red leather yellow leather. Remember, stage voice," Maestro said. Kurapika nodded.

"Red leather yellow leather."

"Faster."

"Red leather yellow leather."

"Faster."

"Red leather yellow lea'er."

This process continued until Kurapika said nothing that resembled the original tongue twister he was given.

"Now we sing."

Kurapika nodded and took a deep breath. He had warmed up for this, and now it was time. Maestro walked over to his organ and sat down. Kurapika watched curiously as Maestro changed his shoes before pulling at a few buttons. He then played a few scales (which were loud) before turning to Kurapika.

"No slouching, stand upright, shoulders back and relaxed; feet shoulder-width apart and chin up," Maestro said, demonstrating what he wanted to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leorio's p.o.v.

The singing was done, and Kurapika was resting in the boat. He looked over and smiled before turning back to his music. He was writing an opera that would star his angel of music. Not that terrible Hisoka. All he did was strut around the stage and screech. It annoyed that the previous opera manager hired him, and it infuriated him that the new opera managers kept him.

"Maestro, are you okay? You snapped your fountain pen in half?" a sweet angelic voice said. Leorio looked at his pen and there was ink stained on his song that he had worked so hard on. Leorio growled and grabbed the paper, but a gentle hand grabbed his arm. "Maestro, don't you want to keep the paper clean so you can copy it on another paper?"

Leorio hadn't thought of that before, but now that made re-writing the song much easier. He nodded and acted like he knew that was an option his whole life.

"Go get some rest, it's late," Leorio ordered.

"I don't know where the sleeping chambers are," Kurapika said. Leorio let out a sigh and stood up, grabbing a candelabra.

"Come with me," Leorio said, holding a hand out for his angel of music. Kurapika grabbed his hand, which caused a jolt to go through his body. Leorio wasn't going to deny his attraction to the blond, but he wasn't going to act on any of it.

Leorio started to lead the blond angel through the dark twisted corridors to the sleeping area.

"This will be your room for the night. By tomorrow morning, I will lead you back to your dressing room. Take my cape to you don't get cold," Leorio said, taking his cape off to hand to the smaller male. Kurapika nodded and climbed into the black swan bed, tucking himself under the blankets and cape.

"Goodnight Maestro."

"Goodnight, angel of music."