Nightmares and Cuddles

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika didn't know how or when he got there, but all he knew is that he was terrified.

"What do you want!" Kurapika spat, trying to get his hands out of his restraints.

"It's no use, little Kurta. I'm using my nen to keep you in place. So good luck trying to get out. Besides, we're going to torture you until you give in," A voice behind him flirtatiously said.

"What are you going to torture me with? My family? I have no family left," Kurapika spat. A hand appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Kurapika's face, forcing him to look at the void.

"I wouldn't be so sure," a different voice said. Just then, a light shone on a beaten up Leorio. Leorio looked up, and the hand let go of Kurapika.

"Oh god, it's you," Kurapika muttered, fighting down the tears that threatened to well up in his eyes.

"See, I told you."

"It's okay, Kurapika, I forgive you."

"Please don't," Kurapika begged as the hand grabbed hold of his face again.

"Don't give them what they want. I want you to live."

"He's all I have left," Kurapika added, letting his tears well up.

"That's the point. Get to work, Feitan," the voice ordered.

"Hey, sunshine?" Leorio asked. Kurapika jerked his head out of the hand's grasp, "I love you, okay?"

Kurapika nodded as the hand grabbed his face again.

"I'm so sorry."

"I forgive you."

"I love you so much."

"See? That wasn't so bad." The hand forced Kurapika's face up as Leorio disappeared into the void, "The perfect shade," the voice added, pulling Kurapika's eye open. Kurapika sniffled.

'I forgive you.' rang in his head.

"Ink, get him ready," The voice said.

"LEORIO!" Kurapika yelled as soon as his bindings weren't on him anymore.

Leorio's p.o.v.

"LEORIO!" he heard Kurapika yell. Leorio set his pen down and darted out of his office to Kurapika's room.

"Hey, sunshine, wake up," Leorio said, reaching the edge of Kurapika's bed. Kurapika jolted awake.

"Leorio, is that you?" Kurapika whimpered. Even though there was no light, Leorio could tell that Kurapika's eyes were burning scarlet.

"Yes. You alright, sunshine?" Leorio asked, turning on the lamp on Kurapika's nightstand. Kurapika flinched at the sudden change of light and sat up. Leorio got on the bed next to him.

"Is that really you?" Kurapika asked. Leorio reached a hand out to Kurapika. Kurapika grabbed his hand and placed it on his cheek.

"Yes, it is. What happened?" Leorio asked. Kurapika looked down at his lap.

"I had the worst dream," he sniffled.

"C'mere," Leorio said, pulling Kurapika into a hug. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Leorio asked.

"In the dream, we got kidnapped by the spiders, and if I wanted you to live, I had to get rid of my eyes. I saw you, bloodied and bruised. I was so scared," Kurapika cried, digging his fingers into Leorio's back. "I felt so helpless," Kurapika cried again.

"That won't happen, I'll be here for you, don't worry," Leorio said, petting the back of Kurapika's head. He hated seeing Kurapika scared. It hurt him.

"Y-you promise?" Kurapika asked, pulling away and looking up at him.

"I promise, and if it makes you feel better, I'll stay with you for the rest of the night," Leorio offered.

"Really?" Kurapika asked, his eyes full of hope. Leorio nodded and placed a hand on top of Kurapika's head.

Leorio smiled as he watched Kurapika's eyes go back to being brown.

Leorio pulled Kurapika back into the hug as he set his glasses on the nightstand. Leorio turned off the lamp and laid down on his back.

"Leorio?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, sunshine," Leorio said, kissing the top of Kurapika's head.

He felt Kurapika start to weigh down on him, signalling the Kurta had fallen asleep. Leorio smiled and closed his eyes, rubbing Kurapika's shoulders.

"I love you," Leorio muttered before falling asleep.