Binding

Leorio's p.o.v.

It was a slow day at work. Leorio was currently in one of the break rooms, sipping some water and coffee. He was ready for his shift to be over so he could go home. He was also scrolling on social media, looking for something to do. Pyro was currently at school, and Kurapika was at home preparing dinner. They were going to have Trenette Al Pesto per Arson's request.

"Dr Paladknight, you're presence is requested," One of the nurses informed. Leorio nodded and stood up, following the nurse to a patient's room.

"Dr Paladknight, thank goodness you and your husband are here."

Oh shit, Pyro's gym teacher, Mr Craze. Leorio shot a worried glance towards Kurapika. Kurapika shrugged in response and looked back at the teacher. Leorio knew Kurapika's eyes were red under the grey contacts he wore. Kurapika was wearing his black binder, a red flannel and some black skinny jeans.

"What happened to Pyro?" Leorio demanded. He did his best to not raise his voice at the teacher. Mr Craze let out a sigh.

"I was having the kids warm up like usual when your son suddenly collapsed. He complained about his chest hurting and that it was getting hard to breathe," Mr Craze explained. Leorio looked over at Kurapika, who was thinking the same thing as him. Was their son FTM? Leorio looked back at Mr Craze.

"Can you step out so we can chat with him?" Leorio asked. Mr Craze nodded and walked out of the room.

Leorio faced Pyro, who had a worried look on his face. He was obviously scared. He decided to let Kurapika walk up to comfort the kid before they started talking.

"Would you like a hug?" Kurapika asked. Pyro only shook his head and pulled the blanket over his chest. That almost confirmed what Leorio was thinking, but he needed Pyro to say it himself.

"Can you tell me what caused this?" Leorio asked. Pyro only looked down in shame. Leorio looked over at Kurapika, who was biting at his lips. Was he trying to not out himself as trans?

"Kid, if you're worried you won't be accepted for whatever reason, I'm literally trans and bisexual," Leorio blurted. Kurapika shot Leorio a confused glare, while Arson seemed to relax as he lifted his head. His eyes were as wide as golf balls.

"Hold on," Pyro signed.

Leorio and Kurapika looked at each other before Pyro cleared his throat.

"Hey, it's Kiri, and Pyro is trans too. He gave me permission to tell you guys. He was pretty shocked when the tall one told him what he was told. I have no idea what it was," Kiri said.

"Was Pyro binding when he passed out?" Leorio asked, his voice laced with danger. Kiri patted his shoulders and nodded slowly.

"Fuck," Kurapika cursed.

"I hope Pyro learns from this experience," Leorio said. He and Kurapika both knew the dangers of binding while exercising. Kiri nodded in agreement.

"Is this something Pyro wants Mr Craze to know?" Kurapika asked. Kiri paused and shook his head.

"Pyro says he feels like Mr Craze is transphobic, and Pyro has always been right about finding out about transphobes and homophobes," Kiri explained. Leorio and Kurapika looked at each other with worry.

"Just say I have bad lungs," Pyro said, startling Leorio. He nodded.

"I will."