Leopika with a child

TW: minor panic attack

Pyro's p.o.v.

"Come on friend, pick up," Pyro mumbled, playing with his fidget toy.

"You have failed to reach-"

Pyro hung up and sighed.

"Hey, kiddo!" A cheery voice said, followed by a door closing. Pyro's body jolted upright as a wave of coldness spread through their body.

"Papa! I didn't see you there," Pyro squeaked. "How was work?"

"We had to do some surgery on a kid who got a ton of glass stuck in his legs," Papa explained, sitting across from them on the couch.

"Poor guy," Pyro said half-heartedly.

"Yeah, he's in recovery now."

"That's good."

The two sat in silence. Pyro had been adopted into the Paladiknight family two months ago, and he was stimming a lot and showing more of their neurodivergent traits around their new parents. Pyro smiled at the first time he stimmed, and his dads didn't bat an eye. Pyro started doing Kirishima's fists.

"Pyro, what's making you happy?" Papa asked. Pyro looked over to him and giggled, stomping his feet on the ground.

"When you and Dad didn't mind my stimming and asked what was making me happy," Pyro giggled, clapping and mimicking Hisoka explaining his nen.

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio smiled at the stimming Pyro, his shoulder-length brown hair bouncing as he rocked back and forward.

He felt bad that Pyro was stuck in two abusive households; one being physically abusive, and the other being neglectful.

"SHIT! MY BESTEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD NEEDS TO HANG OUT WITH ME. I HAVE TO GO!" Pyro screamed, grabbing his skateboard and skateboard gear. He threw it on and ran out of the door. Leorio knew Pyro didn't have to see their friend, but he knew they lied about their friend's safety.

"Hey, Pyro."

"HI, DAD! BYE, DAD!" Leorio heard Pyro yell.

"Why is he in such a rush?" Kurapika asked, giving Leorio a confused stare.

"His friend wants to hang out," Leorio responded, standing up and walking over to Kurapika.

"That's so sweet of him to care for his friend," Kurapika said, a bittersweet smile making its way onto his face.

"Do you miss your friend?" Leorio asked, wrapping his arms around Kurapika. Kurapika nodded and Leorio hugged him tighter. He felt Kurapika's shoulders shake.

"I wasn't there to save them," Kurapika sobbed, hugging Leorio close to him.

"I'm sorry you had to experience that, but it wasn't your fault," Leorio said, picking Kurapika up and carrying him over to the couch.

"But I should've been there to help them," Kurapika said between sobs.

"Sunshine, breath with me," Leorio said, gently grabbing the sides of Kurapika's face and pulling him out of his chest. Kurapika nodded. "Breathe in. Hold it. Breathe out."

The two did that for a while before Kurapika calmed down a bit.

"Hey, Sunshine, now I need you to name five things you see in the physical world," Leorio said.

"You, the couch." Kurapika looked around. "A blanket, my clothes and the wall."

"Good, good. Now, four things you can feel," Leorio said, stroking Kurapika's hair.

"You holding me, you petting my hair, my clothes and the couch."

"Good. Now, three things you can hear."

"You're voice, the AC, and-" Kurapika messed with his clothes. "-my clothes."

"Good job! Now, two things you can smell."

Kurapika shoved his face into Leorio's chest and mumbled something.

"Sunshine, I need you to remove your face from my chest, I can't understand you," Leorio said, trying his best to suppress his laugh.

"I can smell you and the air," Kurapika said, giggling to himself. Leorio laughed with him.

"Okay, now, what's something you can taste?" Leorio asked, smiling at his husband. Kurapika gave him a kiss on the lips and giggled.

"You."

Leorio blushed and pulled Kurapika into a hug.

"You're so fucking cheesy," Leorio grumbled, kissing the top of his sunshine's head. Leorio felt Kurapika laugh in his grasp.

"Can we watch Beetlejuice?" Kurapika asked, squirming out of Leorio's grasp.

"Of course, sunshine," Leorio said, smiling at Kurapika.

-Time Skip-

"I'M BACK WITH MY FRIEND!" Pyro yelled, slamming the door open. Leorio jerked in the direction of his son and lept off of the couch, running over to Pyro with Kurapika following him.

Leorio took a closer look at Pyro, who was panting heavily, holding his friend's hand. There was blood spattered on their clothing.

"What happened?" Kurapika asked, his voice violent.

"Some assholes had the fucking nerve to mess with us," Pyro growled, his voice high-pitched.

"Oh, hey Bendy," Leorio said. Bendy only glared at him.

"If you'd like, Papa and I can take care of your clothes," Kurapika said. Bendy growled and backed away, protectively holding his friend to his chest.

"Okay, you can take care of them," Leorio said. Bendy nodded slowly and walked away from them, never turning his back to them.

"That was weird, wanna finish the movie?" Kurapika asked.

"Hell yeah!" Leorio said, walking over to the couch.