Valentine's Day

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika looked at the arrangement on the dining table. He had a box of cheesecake, a vase of red roses and Leorio's favourite food made trenette al pesto. The food wasn't as good as how Leorio would've made it, but it was the best Kurapika had done, so he was proud of himself, to say the least.

He pulled out his phone and checked the time. Leorio should be home soon. Kurapika walked to the living room and sat on the couch. He turned the TV on and watched some kid's shows.

The door opened, and Kurapika looked over to see his husband taking his shoes off. Kurapika frowned. Leorio looked tired. Thankfully, Kurapika didn't get anything for sex. He turned the TV off and walked over to Leorio.

"How are you love?" Kurapika asked. Leorio looked at Kurapika and pulled something out of his coat.

"Happy Valentines Day. I left the office a bit early to get you something," Leorio said, handing Kurapika a red rose with a blue and gold ribbon tied to it. Kurapika smiled and looked at Leorio. His eyes had a hard time staying open, and his smile didn't have much light to it.

"Thank you. I have dinner made for you," Kurapika said, taking Leorio's hand and leading him to the dining room.

Leorio sat at one end of the table while Kurapika sat at the other. Leorio didn't bother asking Kurapika about his day, he just started eating.

Kurapika scratched the back of his neck. "I tried my best."

"It's great. Thank you, sunshine," Leorio said. Kurapika nodded and walked over to Leorio. He gave his husband a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm glad you like it."

The two finished eating with some classical music playing. Kurapika cleaned up the table and put the Cheesecake in the fridge.

"What's in the box?" Leorio asked.

"Cheesecake. We can save it for later. Would you like a massage?" Kurapika asked.

"That sounds amazing. Please," Leorio said, standing up. Kurapika nodded and led Leorio to the living room. Leorio sat on the couch and turned the TV on. He flipped to the soccer channel.

"Do you want me to start from the bottom or from the top?" Kurapika asked.

"Top to bottom," Leorio said. Kurapika nodded and started gently massaging Leorio's scalp. His husband relaxed into the touch and let out a sigh of relief. Kurapika smiled. He wanted to talk to Leorio, but he understood his husband was tired. Kurapika moved down to Leorio's shoulders.

The further down Kurapika, the more relaxed Leorio got.

"Finished," Kurapika said, standing up. He grabbed the hand sanitiser on the coffee table and sanitized his hands. "Love?" Kurapika asked, looking at Leorio.

Leorio's head jerked up. "I'm up!"

Kurapika quietly chuckled. "Let's get you to bed." Leorio nodded and Kurapika picked Leorio up, carrying him to their room.

Kurapika handed Leorio some pyjamas to sleep in. He changed into his sleep clothes and sat on the bed.

"Big spoon or little spoon?" asked Kurapika.

"Little spoon. G'night," Leorio mumbled. Kurapika smiled and got in bed beside Leorio.

"Goodnight, sleep well, I love you and wake up well-rested," Kurapika said, placing a kiss on the back of Leorio's neck.