"It's okay"

Kurapika's p.o.v.

"Melody, I have a question for you, and I want you to answer it after a day or two," Kurapika said, not taking his eyes off his window. He and Melody were driving to his house. Kurapika couldn't drive to save his life, so Melody was driving. She had a car built to her needs, but that was only the front of the car, so Kurapika was sitting in the back.

"What is it?" She asked.

"As you know, Leorio and I have four kids, Alluka, Killua, Gon and Pyro. I want you to pay attention to Pyro's heartbeat and let me know if it changes," Kurapika explained. He'd have Arson tell Melody he was part of a system.

"I'll do my best," she responded. Kurapika nodded and started fidgeting with his red earring. He missed Leorio. He hoped Leorio was okay with the wind and all. There were a lot of things that scared Leorio. Like thunderstorms for example. It also overwhelmed Leorio terribly. Kurapika had a feeling Leorio was hiding in the basement, curled up under a bunch of blankets.

"Kurapika, we're at your house," melody said snapping Kurapika out of his thoughts.

"Okay. I can get the kids to bring in our stuff. I'll make us some tea," Kurapika said, getting out of the car.

"You don't have to do that," Melody panicked.

"It's fine. The kids have probably been lazing around all day anyway," Kurapika explained, helping Melody out of the car. She nodded and Let Kurapika lead her inside.

As soon as Kurapika stepped inside, Kurapika said, "Cover your ears, I'm going to yell." She nodded and did as she was told.

"HEY, KIDS, I'M HOME!" Kurapika yelled. All of the sudden, a tumble of pink, green and white sped towards Kurapika, knocking him over.

"Dad!" All three cheered in unison. Kuapika giggled. Pyro was probably asleep. He'd go say hi to him later.

"How've you been?" Kurapika asked, shooing the kids off.

"We have been great, but now we are even better now that you are here!" Alluka giggled. Kurapika smiled.

"That's great. I brought one of my friends to live with us for a while, so I need you three to go and get our stuff from the car, okay?" Kurapika asked. Gon and Alluka nodded and sped out the door, with Killua following them. Kurapika hoped the wind wouldn't blow them away.

Kurapika took his shoes off and lead Melody to the kitchen, where Pyro was being hugged by Ray from behind. They were standing at the stove.

"Hi, Dad," Pyro said, not looking up from what he was cooking. Whatever it was, it smelled amazing.

"Hello, Pyro. Hello, Ray," Kurapika said. Ray tiredly nodded in response. "Melody, the person hugging, is Ray, the person cooking is Pyro. Speaking of which, Ray or Pyro, can you get the kettle?" Kurapika asked.

"I can do it. Pyro, you keep cooking," Ray muttered, letting go of Pyro. Pyro simply nodded and grabbed two pasta bowls.

The relationship between Ray and Pyro always confused Kurapika. Were they dating or were they just really affectionate friends?

"Thanks, Ray," Kurapika said, grabbing the kettle from Ray. Kurapika filled the kettle up with water and placed it on a burner he turned on. Kurapika grabbed the box of tea that Pyro had gotten for Christmas. It was all green tea, and Kurapika could only hope Melody liked green tea.

"Kurapika."

"Yes?"

"You should go check on Leorio, his heartbeat sounds of distress and he's crying," Melody explained. Kurapika nodded and handed Melody the tea box.

Kurapika walked to their room, where he found Leorio curled up and crying on their bed. Leorio was hiding under blankets as well. Kurapika walked over to him and sat down on the bed.

"Leorio, it's me, Kurapika. What's going on?" Kurapika asked, placing a hand on Leorio's shoulder.

"The wind, it's scary," Leorio sobbed. Kurapika felt his heart break. He knew Leorio was scared of the wind, but he didn't know it could drive Leorio to the point of crying.

"Can I give you a hug?" Kurapika asked. Leorio nodded and sat up, his head hanging. Kurapika pulled Leorio's head down to his chest, having Leorio listen to his heartbeat. Kurapika started rocking from side to side, trying his best to calm down his husband. Leorio was clutching onto Kurapika's blazer.

When Leorio was almost calm, a huge gust of wind shook the house, causing Leorio to let out a wail. It had reset their progress, and it would probably take longer to calm him down.

"How about we go downstairs, my love?" Kurapika asked, kissing the top of Leorio's head. Leorio only nodded, so Kurapika picked Leorio up and carried him down to the basement.

"I'm scared," Leorio whined, grabbing a blanket and covering himself with it.

"I know, but I'll stay with you until you're no longer scared," Kurapika assured, sitting next to Leorio. Leorio instantly crawled into Kurapika's lap and rested his head on Kurapika's shoulder.

"Thank you, it means a lot," Leorio cried. Kurapika started stroking the back of Leorio's head.

"You're welcome," Kurapika murmured. "Would you like to watch a movie?" Kurapika asked. Leorio shook his head.

"I'm sorry," Leorio sobbed.

"No, don't be sorry, it's okay," Kurapika said, trying to keep Leorio calm. He was probably overstimulated, which is why he rejected the idea of watching a movie. "Dearest, do you want me to turn the lights off?" Kurapika asked. Leorio nodded and let go of him. Kurapika walked over to the light switch and turned the lights off. "Better?"

"Much," Leorio responded, clinging back onto Kurapika. He seemed calmer now.

"Do you wanna take a nap?" Kurapika asked. Leorio nodded, so Kurapika laid down on his back, letting Leorio rest his head on his chest.

"Night," Leorio mumbled.

"Night."