Rough Day?

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika was happily sitting on the couch, watching Luca and wearing Leorio's light blue hoodie. He was waiting for Leorio to get home from work.

"Silenzio Bruno!" Kurapika muttered as Alberto said the line.

"Great, just what I needed to hear," A voice grumbled. Kurapika whipped his head around and found Leorio slumped in the door frame. Kurapika paused the movie and walked over to Leorio. 

"Sweetie, what happened?" Kurapika asked. Leorio shook his head and walked past Kurapika. Kurapika frowned as he watched Leorio walk to their bedroom. He contemplated on following his fiance or not. Kurapika decided to continue watching the movie for a bit until the itch to read hit. Kurapika sighed and stood up, walking to the bedroom. Mind you, he turned off the TV first.

Kurapika heard faint wails, which grew louder as he grew closer to the bedroom.

He quietly opened the door to see Leorio's scrubs on the floor and Leorio curled up on their bed, hugging a plushie that he had given him. Kurapika felt a pang in his chest as he realised that Leorio must've had a really bad day at work.

Kurapika quietly closed the door behind him and walked over to Leorio.

"Leorio, do you wanna talk about it?" Kurapika asked, kneeling next to Leorio.

"Please don't leave me," Leorio begged in between sobs.

"No, of course I won't. Can I crawl into bed beside you?" Kurapika asked. Leorio nodded and sat up. Kurapika sat next to him, and Leorio almost immediately pulled Kurapika into a tight hug.

"There was a patient, she looked so much like you, I thought it was you. She died," Leorio said before breaking down again.

"You couldn't save her, could you?" Kurapika asked, already knowing the answer. Leorio shook his head and held onto Kurapika tighter. "I'm sure you did your best, and that's what matters. besides, I'll be here for as long as you need me, I promise," Kurapika said, starting to rock back and forth.

"I-i couldn't, and for a split second, I thought I lost you. I'm scared," Leorio sobbed. Kurapika rubbed the back of his fiance's head when a lightbulb went off in his head.

"Leorio, I want you to do what I'm about to say, okay?"

"Okay."

"I need you to let go of me."

"But-"

"No buts, just trust me, okay?" Kurapika interrupted, pulling away from Leorio's grasp. Leorio nodded as Kurapika leaned back against the headboard. "Now, come here, and lay your head on my chest." Leorio nodded and crawled over to Kurapika, who opened his arms for Leorio.

Leorio rested his head on Kurapika's chest and sniffled. He wrapped his arms around Kurapika's waist.

"Can you hear my heart beating?" Leorio nodded. "That's proof I'm still here. I won't leave you, I promise," Kurapika assured, using one arm to massage Leorio's arm, and the other to delicately rub Leorio's scalp.

"Thanks, sunshine. Can we stay like this for the rest of the evening?" Leorio asked.

"Yes, of course, my love," Kurapika said, kissing the top of Leorio's head.