Runaway Pt. 2

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio was currently working the night shift at the hospital. Pyro had been missing for two months now, and everyone had given up on looking for him. Kurapika and the rest of his kids were in a depression. Even Leorio was in a depression. He started working nights because putting on a fake smile every day was just too much energy.

Leorio checked the time on his phone.

"Almost done, and then I can see mi familia again," He sighed.

"Dr Paladknight, we have an emergency operation, we need your help," A nurse panicked. Leorio nodded and stood up. He followed the nurse to the operating room.

Lorio's face paled when he saw the patient.

"I can't do this. That's my kid," Leorio explained. He backed away from the table. He wouldn't do this. He wouldn't operate on his kid. He didn't care that Pyro had a deep gash on his stomach. He wouldn't do it.

"I understand. I'll get you when we're done," The same nurse said, leading Leorio out of the room. Leorio sat in a nearby break room. Leorio pulled out his phone and called Kurapika.

"Sunshine, you'll never guess what happened."

"What?" Kurapika asked, his voice groggy. Leorio didn't care that he just woke up his husband. He needed to tell him.

"Pyro showed up at work."

"What? What happened?" Kurapika demanded.

"I don't know, but he has a deep gash over his intestinal tract. I don't know how he's still alive," Leorio explained.

"I'm waking the kids."

"Sunshine, please don't. They need sleep," Leorio begged.

"I don't care, they need to know their brother has returned," Kurapika snapped. Leorio nodded. He agreed with Kurapika, but couldn't it wait until morning?

"I'll call you when he's out of surgery, okay?"

"Okay. I'll talk to you later. I love you."

"I love you too."

Leorio hung up. Now all he could do was wait until the operation was over or until one of his kids called him. His phone started buzzing. He checked it, and it was a facetime from Gon. Leorio answered it.

"Hey, kiddos, how are ya?" Leorio asked when he saw Gon, Killua and Alluka.

"Freaking scared! Pyro is gone for two months, and then he appears at your work with a deep stomach wound," Killua snapped. Alluka and Gon nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I get how you feel, but he'll be okay. Once visiting hours start, we can all go visit him when he wakes up, okay?" Leorio asked, putting on a brave smile for the kids. The kids all nodded eagerly.

"Dr Paladknight, your child is out of surgery, would you like to see them?" A nurse asked. Leorio nodded.

"I'll be right there. Kids, can you get Kurapika on too?" Leorio asked. Gon nodded and walked away. Moments later, he had Kurapika with him.

"Pyro is out of surgery?" Kurapika asked. Leorio nodded.

"I'm going to go see him, and you all are coming with me," Leorio said. Could he have worded it better? Yes. Did he care? No.

Leorio walked to Pyro's room and opened the door. The lights were off, so Leorio flicked them on. He flipped the phone camera around to show the kids and Kurapika Pyro hooked up to a few IVs and blood.

"Pyro look terrible," Kurapika noted.

"Indeed he does," Leorio agreed. he watched as Gon and Alluka walked away from the phone, too upset to see their sibling in the state he was in. Killua, however, stayed. He almost looked guilty.

"Killua, what's wrong?" Leorio asked.

"Nothing, I should go," He responded, leaving the frame. Kurapika hung up the phone, so Leorio put his phone away.

He stared at his son, wondering what happened. That's something he'd ask when he visited during the day.