I Fucked Up

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio was studying for a test. Well, not anymore. He was now watching some cheesy rom-com while eating some ramen. He set his ramen on the coffee table and walked to the kitchen, where he grabbed a glass of water. He walked back to the living room and sat down.

There was a knock at the door. Leorio let out a groan. He turned the tv off and walked to the door.

"Look, I'm not interested in- Kurapika? What are you doing here?" Leorio said, stunned. Kurapika only pushed past him and collapsed onto his couch. Leorio ran over. All the blood drained from his face. Kurapika's clothing was stained with blood, and his breathing was shallow.

"Leorio-"

"I'll be right back."

Leorio ran to his kitchen, where he kept a first aid kit. He pulled it out and ran back to Kurapika.

"Leorio, listen to me," Kurapika said, his voice weak.

"Not now, I can help," Leorio said, brushing the man off. He pushed Kurapika's shirt and tabard up and tended to the gashes in his stomach and sides.

"Leorio, you can't," Kurapika snapped swatting Leorio's hands away.

"Why? Is it because I'm still in medical school?" Leorio snapped back.

"No. It's my nen. You may be able to heal the physical wounds, and slow my death-"

"I'm not letting you die on me," Leorio interrupted, his voice wavering. He felt a hand touch his face. Leorio brought a hand up to hold the one by his face. "I'm not losing another friend," Leorio repeated, holding onto Kurapika's hand tighter, afraid he'll slip away.

"Leorio, you can't stop my death. My time is near. I came to say goodbye," Kurapika said. Leorio only sniffled.

"After all these years, you show up, only to tell me you're dying?" Leorio snapped, pulling away from his friend. He stood up suddenly. Kurapika didn't respond. He only looked at Leorio.

"Leorio, please," Kurapika begged. Leorio let out a sigh and kneeled next to his friend.

"If there's anything I can do for you, let me know," Leorio said quietly, placing a hand on Kurapika's cheek.

"Hold me and kiss me."

"What?"

"You heard me, hold me and kiss me," Kurapika repeated. Leorio nodded, tears pricking at his eyes. He carefully pulled Kurapika into his lap and pressed his lips to Kurapika's, pouring all his emotions into the kiss. He placed a gentle hand on the back of Kurapika's head. Leorio pulled away.

"I love you so much," Leorio sobbed, hugging the man.

"I know. Goodbye, my love," Kurapika said, falling limp. Leorio started sobbing, holding Kurapika tightly. He wished this was a dream. He'd wake up, and Kurapika would be alive, fighting the spiders.

The smell around him changed. It was one he knew all too well from Pietro. Kurapika was dead. Leorio sat there, sobbing while holding his friend's corpse.

"Please, come back," Leorio choked, looking at his friend, whose eyes were closed. Leorio stroked Kurapika's face, wishing he was asleep, and he'd wake up. Leorio sobbed harder when that didn't happen.

He held onto the corpse of his friend and sobbed all night.