Melody Meets Toothless

Melody's p.o.v.

"Right now I'd steer clear of the living room. There's a dragon napping with the kids," Kurapika explained. Melody listened to his heartbeat, which sounded of truth.

"Okay," Melody replied. Kurapika had her bags.

"I'll show you your room now," Kurapika said, walking into his house. Kurapika took his shoes off, and so did Melody.

As they walked to her room, she heard three gentle heartbeats. She looked in the direction to see a large black mass curled up and sleeping. She couldn't see the other two living beings that held the heartbeats, but she trusted they were there.

"Okay, here's your room. I'll let you set up as I make dinner," Kurapika said, walking away. Melody nodded and unzipped her suitcase. She set herself up and walked back out.

She walked to the living room to inspect the black mass.

As she got close, its ears perked up, then its head.

She was face to face with green eyes with slitted pupils. Melody closed her eyes and listened to its heartbeat.

It wasn't happy to see her.

She jumped when it let out a deep growl.

Melody opened her eyes to see the thing baring sharp teeth. It was a dragon.

Melody backed away when Alluka popped her head from under it.

"Toothless! She's okay! She's a friend!" Alluka exclaimed, patting Toothless on the head. The dragon let out a mocking noise of the girl, being annoyed with her. Melody chuckled.

"Well, it seems like Toothless doesn't like me, so I'll go now," Melody explained. Alluka frowned.

"He's a really nice dragon," she complained.

"I can tell, but he doesn't like me, so I'll leave him alone," Melody explained.

"Okay," Alluka pouted. She could hear the girl was upset, but she was also understanding, which Melody was thankful for.

-

"Okay, dinner is ready! Toothless, if you want to eat, you have to either be in human form or eat outside," Kurapika scolded, glaring at the dragon.

Toothless mocked Kurapika and then rested his head on his, paws? Feet? Melody shrugged off her wonders of dragon anatomy and walked to the table. She sat down and waited till she could serve herself.

"Hold on. Pyro insists on you wearing noise cancellation headphones," Kurapika said, walking away. Melody smiled at the thought. She knew Pyro was a kind kid, even though he hid it with his toughness. A heartbeat never lies.

Kurapika came back and handed Melody some headphones. She put them on and waited until people began serving themselves. Melody did the same.

After eating, Melody went to walk to her room.

She felt something poke her head, so she turned around and saw toothless from before. He wasn't angry at her, but instead was curious about her. She watched as he got to her level and sniffed her. Melody allowed this to happen. He had no mean intentions, he just wanted to get to know her.

Toothless walked away and Melody walked to her room. She climbed up on the bed and laid down.

What an eventful day.