Who's been Staring?

A/N: This chapter focuses on their children

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio had noticed Pyro observing him and Kurapika, even during movies. Like right now, he could feel the burn of Pyro's stare in the back of his head. leorio was only doing work and he couldn't catch a break from the kid. Well, that was a lie; if Arson was doing homework or sleeping or Lerio was in his room, then he caught a break, but that was it.

Kurapika had noticed it too.

"Maybe it's a new alter trying to figure us out." Kurapika would say. Leorio didn't believe him. Pyro had phases of people-watching, according to his foster family. That's what Leorio believed.

"Hello, Leorio."

"Hello... Hiccup?" Leorio asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Hey, you got it right!" The dragon rider cheered. Leorio nodded and smiled at the boy.

"Can I ask you a question?" Leorio asked. Hiccup nodded. "Who's been observing Kurapika and me?" Leorio asked.

"That's a question Pyro could answer, want me to get him?" Hiccup asked. Leorio nodded. Leorio watched as the body before him became a shell. It held no personality, no life. The eyes were dull, the smile was gone.

In a mere matter of seconds, the body came back to life, but the eyes flickered, like a candle trying to desperately stay lit.

"Hey, Pyro. Can you tell me who's been watching Kurapika and me?" Leorio asked. Pyro seemed caught off-guard.

"Ummm, he's been doing that to see if he trusts you. He will give you his name on his own time," Pyro said, rubbing the back of his neck. Leorio nodded. Pyro had ignored his question yet answered it at the same time. He wanted to frown but didn't. He noticed that whenever Pyro brought up this alter, he shifted his weight, but he wasn't sounding uncomfortable.

"Ah, it's nice hearing you respect others boundaries, even the people in your body."

Pyro let out a laugh.

"It's not my body, it's a body that we share. Well, that's how I see it, other systems and system hosts might see it differently. While all of us are in minorities in this house, we all know we can't speak for all of them, we can only speak from experience," Pyro said. Leorio nodded wisely. His kid had a point. "Well, I'm starting to get tired, so I'll see you in the morning," Pyro added, standing up.

"Goodnight, have sweet dreams," Leorio called.

"You too Papa!" Pyro called back. Leorio smiled and then turned back to work.