Wedding

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika did his best to stay still. Melody was doing his makeup for him, and Cass was helping Leorio get ready.

"You're excited. Your heartbeat is one of a high school girl with a crush," Melody said, putting the eyeliner away.

"Of course I'm excited. I'm getting married!" Kurapika squeaked, trying to contain his smile. Melody chuckled and backed away from Kurapika.

"I'm finished."

Kurapika took a look in the mirror and started giggling with excitement.

"I love it! Thank you, Melody!" Kurapika squealed, clutching his fists over his chest.

"Anytime, Kurapika. I ordered us an uber while you were examining yourself in the mirror. He should be here in a few minutes," Melody explained. Kurapika nodded, not really paying attention to what Melody said, he was more focused on what good things will happen at the wedding.

Leorio's p.o.v.

"Ow, Cass, that hurts," Leorio whined.

"It is if you keep moving. Hold still," Cass snapped. Leorio sighed and waited for Cass to finish adding the cape to his tuxedo.

"I wonder how my sunshine is doing."

"I'm sure he's doing well. I'm almost done."

Leorio nodded and messed with his hair. Kurapika wanted Leorio to leave it alone for their wedding. He wasn't the biggest fan of his curly hair. He wanted Kurapika to be happy, so he left it alone.

"Did you get an uber?" Leorio asked.

"Leorio, we 'dated' for four months; you think I didn't order an Uber?" Cass snapped.

"Fair point. Are you done?" Leorio asked. Cass stayed silent. Leorio knew that was an 'I'm almost done' silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika was excited to see Leorio. The two hadn't seen each other a week before the wedding, so Kurapika was more excited than usual.

"Kura-pika, don't you find it weird that a child is officiating your wedding?" Ink asked.

"Can you stop calling me 'Kura-pika'? It's weird."

"Weird like having a child officiate your wedding?" the 15-year-old snapped. Kurapika rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Ink, Leorio is coming down the aisle, shush," Melody hissed. Ink swished xeir tail and rolled its now-scarlet eyes.

(A/N: Sorry for the interruption, but Ink used he/they/it/xem pronouns and he's also another living member of the Kurta clan. He also is a demon for reason I can't explain because I do not know why.)

Melody started playing the wedding march as Leorio walked down the aisle with his mom. Kurapika felt his eyes go scarlet.

Leorio was more handsome than any man alive, which meant he was more handsome than himself. The cape didn't help with his attraction towards Leorio, for some reason.

Kurapika felt like Leorio was taking too long.

"Hello, sunshine," Leorio chuckled, stepping up to the alter.

"It took you long enough," Kurapika huffed, glaring at Leorio.

"Grooms, do you wanna be husbands or not?" Ink hissed, xeir tail flicking in annoyance. Kurapika nodded, remembering what Ink was going to say.

Kurapika ignored what Ink was saying as he started at Leorio with a soft smile.

"You may now say your vows."

"Leorio, when I first met you, I never would've thought that every time I looked at you, I would get butterflies and for my eyes to go scarlet. You have no idea how much I love you," Kurapika said, feeling a light blush crawl onto his face. Leorio chuckled.

"Sunshine, when I first met you, I didn't think I'd call you 'Sunshine', but here we are. I love you so much," Leorio laughed, his eyes starting to gloss over.

They exchanged rings after the vows.

"You may now kiss."

Kurapika stood on his tiptoes and planted a kiss on Leorio's lips. The kiss was soft and sweet. It was full of love, but it lasted too short for Kurapika.

The two pulled away and giggled.

Kurapika grabbed his flowers in his right hand and face the audience with Leorio holding his left hand.

"I now pronounce you husband and husband," Ink said. Kurapika looked back at Leorio and smiled. He didn't oblige when Leorio picked him up and carried him out of the venue, he only giggled.