Late-Night Calls and Cuddles

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika let out a quiet sob. He just wanted his clan back. He missed them more than anyone could imagine.

He looked down at his phone, contemplating on calling Leorio. The two agreed on calling each other if something was wrong, but Kurapika was having a hard time keeping true to that promise. Leorio had called him to vent about med school or the death anniversary of losing his friend, but that was usually it from Leorio.

Kurapika pulled up Leorio's number and called him.

"Hey, Sunshine," Leorio said, sounding chipper, but also tired at the same time. It was probably med school homework that had tired him out, and to make things worse, it was three in the morning.

"Hey," Kurapika responded, trying to hide his tears.

"What happened? Who hurt you?" Leorio demanded. Kurapika flinched at his tone.

"No one hurt me, and nothing happened, I just miss my clan. I wish they were still alive," Kurapika explained, squeezing his hand into a fist.

"I understand. Do you want me to come over?" Leorio asked. Kurapika's eyes widened slightly. He wasn't shocked that Leorio knew where he lived, he was shocked that Leorio wanted to come over.

"Yes, please. Can you stay on the phone? We don't have to talk, I just want someone there," Kurapika said, clutching his phone.

"Of course, anything for my sunshine," Leorio said. Kurapika could see Leorio's cocky grin on the other end. Kurapika felt the corners of his mouth lift ever so slightly.

-Time Skip-

"Hey, Sunshine, I'm here!" Kurapika heard Leorio say. Kurapika walked to his door and saw Leorio standing there with a warm smile.

"Come on in," Kurapika said, stepping out of the way so Leorio could walk in.

Leorio stepped into the apartment and took his shoes off, leaving them on the shoe mat next to Kurapika's shoes. Kurapika closed the door behind Leorio.

"Sunshine, do you want a hug?" Leorio asked, sitting on the couch. Kurapika responded by crawling into Leorio's arms and hiding his face in Leorio's shoulder. "Do you want to talk about it?" Leorio asked, stroking the back of Kurapika's head.

"No. Just hugs," the kurta demanded, clutching Leorio's coat. Leorio chuckled and held Kurapika close.

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio looked at Kurapika, who was crying into his shoulder about how bad he felt not telling his village elder about someone seeing his eyes turn red or not being there to help fight off the Phantom Troupe.

"I-I'm s-sorry," Kurapika sobbed.

"What for?" Leorio asked, running a hand through Kurapika's hair.

"For bothering you with my stupid issues. You have med school, and you were probably busy studying for a test, and now you can't pass because of me," Kurapika sniffled, pushing himself away from Leorio.

"Hey, Sunshine, it's fine. I was scrolling through social media anyways. Please don't hide your struggles from me because you think they're stupid," Leorio said, placing his hands on Kurapika's shoulders. Kurapika nodded and sniffled, rubbing his nose. Leorio reached into his coat and pulled out some tissues for Kurapika.

"Thanks," Kurapika said with a sigh, taking the tissues and blowing his nose.

"Anything for my sunshine," Leorio chuckled, patting Kurapika's head.

"Can we watch Netflix?" Kurapika asked. Leorio nodded and grabbed the remote, turning the TV on and going to Netflix.

-Time Skip-

"What an idiot, everyone knows you're supposed to wait for the cake to cool down before adding frosting," Leorio growled, looking at Kurapika to see his reaction. Kurapika only nodded and yawned, resting his head on Leorio's shoulder. Leorio felt his face slightly burn up at this. He grabbed the remote and turned the TV off.

"Turn it back on!" Kurapika whined.

"No, Sunshine. You're falling asleep," Leorio hissed, picking up the smaller male.

"Put me down!" Kurapika yelled, squirming in Leorio's arms.

"Sunshine, you need sleep."

"No, I don't!"

"Yes, you do," Leorio growled, opening Kurapika's bedroom door.

"PUT ME DOWN!" Kurapika yelled, kicking his legs. Leorio set him down on his bed.

"There you go," Leorio chuckled. Kurapika got out of bed and glared at Leorio.

"No."

"Sunshine, you need to sleep," Leorio calmly explained, walking away. Something or someone grabbed his wrist. Leorio turned around and saw Kurapika with his head hanging.

"Leorio. Stay," Kurapika begged. Leorio nodded and pulled Kurapika into a hug. Leorio felt Kurapika adjust his head against his chest.

Leorio picked the sleepy kurta up and sat on his bed.

"You need to sleep," Leorio whispered to Kurapika.

"Only if you stay and cuddle with me," Kurapika demanded. Leorio nodded and laid on his back, messing with Kurapika's hair until they both fell asleep.

A/N: Might make a part Two, IDK.