Sad

"Leorio, please, I can't do this, anymore," Kurapika sobbed.

"Yes, you can, and I'll be here for you every step of the way," Leorio assured, wiping away Kurapika's tears.

"No, Leorio, you don't understand, it hurts so bad, please," Kurapika sobbed, pushing Leorio's hands away.

Leorio sighed and stood up. He grabbed his weighted blanket and wrapped it around Kurapika.

"Stay here, I'll be right back," Leorio said, placing a kiss on Kurapika's cheek. Kurapika nodded and whimpered.

Leorio walked to the kitchen and grabbed a thing of Jello and a spoon. It was one of Kurapika's comfort food. He walked back to his room, where Kurapika was curled up and wailing.

"Hey, sunshine, want some jello?" Leorio asked, sitting by his sunshine. Kurapika sat up and grabbed the jello and spoon from Leorio. He furiously ate the jello, still sobbing.

Kurapika pulled Leorio into a hug. Leorio hugged back and rubbed circles on Kurapika's back.

"I'm here. You're safe. Please, stay the night, or however long you need to stay. I'll be here for you," Leorio whispered.

Kurapika whimpered and hid his face in Leorio's neck.

Leorio felt his heart melt. How long had Kurapika been fighting? How long had he been alone until tonight? How long?

"Let it all out, I'll keep you safe," Leorio muttered. Kurapika let out a choked sob and held onto Leorio tighter.