Trauma

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika was curled up in the closet. He was fine up until noon. That's when it all started. It was four pm now.

Leorio was at work, and Melody was out with the kids for the day. He was alone.

His mind was racing. Flashes of his dead clan, killing the spiders, the blood, the eyes. He didn't want this.

He let out a choked sob. He didn't ask for this. He was just making some lunch.

Kurapika held his breath as he heard footsteps. They were Leorio's footsteps, and he sounded upset. Kurapika pressed his back into the wall. He didn't want Leorio to find him. Not like this.

He heard Leorio humming a song.

Kurapika bit back a sob as the closet door opened.

"There you are, sunshine! What happened?" Leorio asked, sitting down. Kurapika looked for an escape route. Leorio was tall, and had broad shoulders, so he made a great barrier.

Leorio scooted back.

"So, you gonna tell me what happened?" Leorio asked.

Kurapika shook his head.

Leorio nodded.

"I'll go make you some food. You stay here," Leorio said, standing up and walking away. It's not like Kurapika was going to move. He rested his head in his arms and started softly sobbing.

He wanted to be held, but was scared he'd be stabbed in the back.

Soon enough, the smell of bibimbap filled the air. Kurapika lifted his head, straining his ears to hear for footsteps.

Knock knock knock.

Kurapika knocked back.

Leorio entered and set the bowl of bibimbap down and sat down.

Kurapika grabbed the chopsticks and started to eat.

"Do you want to watch a movie when you're done? We can cuddle if you want," Leorio said.

Kurapika glared at him.

"Do you want me to leave you alone?" Leorio asked.

Kurapika nodded. He waited for Leorio to walk away before eating the rest of the food. When Kurapika finished, he pushed the bowl away from him.

He leaned back, letting himself fall asleep.